Super Spec Pass At Nottingham

mellors55

Guest Build-it
I think I will need to fit relays for the main and dip headlights - has everyone else done this?

Well done, is this the first Superspec that secured the SVA first time ?

What this about a relay for the dip & main beam head lights then, why is this necessary ?

Guest chris brown
What this about a relay for the dip & main beam head lights then, why is this necessary
Stalk switches are not intended to carry full lighting current hence with relays they are only carrying the relay coil winding current.

Guest Build-it
Stalk switches are not intended to carry full lighting current hence with relays they are only carrying the relay coil winding current.

Many thanks Chris

With this information I called Richard to ask the simple question "are there any relays needed on the Superspec and if so could I buy them from him" to receive a very angry reply "all I need is in the kit, why am I asking him such stupid questions" !! the conversation became quite heated and insulting on Richard's part (not the first time) but he assured me that I do not need any relays.

Time will tell but I am concerned at the response I seem to get from Richard over just about any question I raise with him, but what do you do ?

Shaun

Guest TerryBarry

I'd fit the relays, otherwise you could be looking for a new set of stalks soon.

Sounds like the advice line was talking from "where the sun doesn't shine" :rolleyes:

Guest rusty

:D :D well done, great feeling another superspec, my tacho works fine on the new wiring still havn't done the sender yet, well done again,nice to hear from another fan of Richard.

cheers

Rusty :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wick12

Well Done John Looks Great!

Did you need the large radius trim on the scuttle edges for SVA or is this you own idea I think it looks good.