2b 04 Radiator

spg

Hi

The good news is the the engine started (splutterd into life) first time last night :). After passing this mile stone, I decide it was time to furnish the car with a radiator and coolant. After getting my brand new rad from RHSC out of its box. It soon became clear that some adjustment maybe needed :o . The rads nearly a yard long and just over a foot wide. The question is shud I give up and get one that fits or is it possible to fit the RHSC clearance line special. will post some pics later when home.

Guest Jaffer

I haven't fitted my rad yet... but i don't see me using the supplied one, its the size of a shed door!!! :lol:

Tried all sorts of ways but always arrive at the same conclusion... its pants! :angry:

I have had a look on the NW hoodies site and various posts on here and I am currently thinking about using an uprated mini rad.... not decided yet tho'

Jaff

PS well done on getting the engine to run!!

Guest mastarforth

Hi

I just came accross teh same problem and posted a few days ago. Whilst I would have liked to have used the radiator supplied, I have decided that it is not what I want to do

I am therefore buying a Coolman radiator from lolocost, they are item number 105 from the website, and cost £75.00 + 10P+P. This was originally supplied with the Robin hodd kit, before cost savings were initated.

Andrew

Bin it! I thought I'd try selling mine - phoned Richard to ask him what car it was from and he didn't know!

I went with the coolman rad on my 2b/4. Fits perfectly upright with plenty of clearence all round.

post-6-1115308463.jpg

Guest DGAV

hi all

i got mine to fit but very tight

looks *bleep* as well

iam going for the coolman rad to

rad still in and piped up so i can run the engine

this also started first time :)

photo on my web site (sign the book if you look at the site)

DGAV(duncan)

Guest Jaffer

..hmmmm :unsure: .. I think the coolman rad has to be the answer... it looks the Mutt's nut's when fitted in Enforcer's car. Not a bad price either, for something that actually fits properly too! :rolleyes:

Has anybody actually managed to sell/off-load the supplied version on ebay or anywhere?? or is it bin material? :(

Jaff

Guest Vic & Wendy

:lol: Hi Steve.

Sadly I've fitted the rad supplied by RHE with my 2B/04 kit. Bought an adjustable stat kit at Stoneleigh on Sunday and will fit it this weekend. I'll post a couple of pic's on Monday. :huh: :huh: I have to agree with many of the other comments, it's not the best rad in the world. :p :lol:

B.R ( Vic)

Looks like its time for a coolman then, Just before I part with my beer tokens, Can someone please let me know the approx dimensions just to check it''ll fit.

Cheers

Hi Steve

overall width 510 mm core width 440mm overall depth 480mm

you just have notch out side web for steering shaft to pass,

and secure with exhaust clamps to chassis cross members

hope this helps Dave

Did a bit of phoning round

Found a guy local that can supply a rad from a Mkiii 2.0l cortina (£45 +vat)

same withed as the coolman just 4 inch shorter.

Is it up to the job ??