Breakdown Cover

Grim

Who do people use for breakdown cover. I've just bought insurance (see insurance thread), but they didn't provide breakdown cover, so need to source it elsewhere.

Andy

Guest allbejay

i use the aa, never had a problem with them and have always been very polite plus they always text me to make sure i know whats going on.. theres 3 others in my family who are members too and thay have stuck with them for years, there is a reason why they have been round so long it's because 9 out of 10 times there spot on with service (IMO)

I used to use Britania/green flag but you have to name the car and i found with more than one car in the house the AA very good. If you've got one car go for the single car people like green flag more than one car AA/RAC, you can use the AA on any car you are in as "You are the member not the car". Here endeth the sales pitch............

Guest stu205

I used to use the AA but after 3 poor delays collecting me Im changing I think the new owners are making cut backs according to one of the drivers,

my last time was I phoned them on my mobi when the 3A's suspention broke to pick me up from just off the m6 and take me home 1hour 30 mins later they phoned me and the guy said "Im just on your road which is your house?" my reply was "Im 40 miles south of my house why the *bleep* would i want to be collected from my house and droped off on the side of a motorway!!" idiots! another 30 mins and I got a call from another guy saying "Ive just got a call but its telling me to go to your house and that dont sound right?" 20 mins later he was there but 2.5hours is a bit extream!! at least the sun was out!!

rant over!!

p.s. im either joining the green flag but looking at saltys link might be worth a bash!!

Guest Roger 2B

I'm with Britannia. SnapperPaul said you have to nominate the car, you do for single vehicle - but you can also get personal cover whch covers anything.

Britannia don't have their own fleet of vehicles but use approved garages near to your location. My wife or I have used them four times in about 15 years and been very pleased with the service every time. The last time we broke down about 100 miles from home at about 9pm, the recovery vehicle arrived about 9.30. It took the car and us to home, they couldn't take the car to the garage for repair because it was obviously closed at that time. Next morning another recover vehicle arrived and took the car to the garage.

Guest Battery Bill

I used to be with the RAC many moons ago (Before Mobile phones) and broke down outside a pub near Ottley :D :D

It took the van over 6 hours to find me :blink: :blink: In the end I had to jump out in front of a passing van to let them know where I was :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Since I have been with the AA no problems at all with them :D :D

I'm with the AA and have used them often (must be the cack cars I drive :lol: ) once the wife and I broke down at 5pm on a Sunday evening 263 miles from home, stripped the gears off the diff while going up a hill near Minehead, the AA relayed us home (4 trips) and we got back 8AM Monday morning.

Guest Kieran

I use the assistance offered by Roadsure. I think they use the RAC, who seem to use local contractors. Not too bad, only waited hour and half when I drove arse of me pinto into ground and ripped sump off...... :boohoo:

Kieran :wacko:

this site explains all the benifits and list all the companys that will cover you

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/v...095600098,32594,

Im also with Autoaid at £29 a year, but you have to pay(creditcard) and claim back if you use it, not heard any bad reports of them not paying promptly though

HTH

Mitch

I'm with Britannia too. Personal cover for me & the wife about £70... covers us for everything... motorbike, tin top and hood (when it's finally on the road), plus it also covers any car that we happen to break down in.

I've used them 3 times since I've been driving and the service has been excellent.

Will

Not the cheapest, but tried and tested!