Alan Versus Rizla

Dave R

went for a little ride today with alan rowe to help him calibrate his speedo

that is one seriosly fast car. ....... even with a 16 stone passenger

had to hold my glasses on! :wacko:

sooner we get alan and rizla together on a drag strip the better

so rizla/alan

want me to find out when the next run what ya brung is on at the pod ?????? :ph34r:

Guest chris brown

I agree with you Dave I have tried to keep up with Alan and if it hadn’t been for the traffic he would have been long gone. So come on Andy show us how good the plastic banana is. :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest alan rowe

Bob - you're starting to make me feel all nervous

check out www.rwyb.com and www.speedtable.com for a look at the league table - top of the road legals is an RX7 -- 10.61 ET with 130 terminal

there's even a 2.0 Robin Hood listed doing an ET of 15.6 with 82 terminal

there's some very quick road cars out there

Alan

had to set a hard an fast date though, better doing it a spur of the moment thing as the weather can realy go against the pod

as long as its a day when i am not on call i will be there. its only 10 mins up the road :ph34r:

Hi Alan,

my best time in the 2B at the Pod recently was 15.2 @ 86mph.

Anyone know who "LEADFOOT" is?

The Street Eliminator class is presently running 8.04 @ 170 mph.

To run in this class the car MUST be fully street legal (including road tyres), and has to take part in a 30 mile road cruise on the Saturday night before finals on Sunday.

Power estimates for the top runners are about 1000 bhp. My brother will be running his Vette in this class later this year. The car & engine has been built (in the US) to hit 7.5 & 185 & has been dynod at 1320 bhp. & arrives in the UK on 5th July.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Alan..

it depends what youre driving.

In the 2B its crazy for 2 seconds, staging, waiting, judging the right revs, judging how fast to let up the clutch, timing the lights countdown, controlling wheelspin which kicks you sideways, making a quick change to second without spinning the tyres, then its just like normal driving.

In my brothers current Vette (500hp) the crazy part goes on for the first 10 seconds!!! (12.3, 113 best )

In his new one it will last the full 7.5 seconds....a Vettes front end gets VERY light after 170 !!

Rather him than me

Bob.

Guest alan rowe

Sounds nerve racking but exciting Bob - did you try out the differences in time with and without using first gear - first on mine is not that brilliant for mega take offs as the time wasted in changing to second I reckon could be offset by starting in second

what do you reckon

Alan