Coil Connections

nicko

Hi all, just a couple of questions, if anyone can help.

From my donor loom I've got 4 wires taped together which I've labelled COIL. The green wire goes to positive side of coil and the other wires go to a multiplug.

Blue/Yellow (idle adjust) goes thru' the multi plug to a ring connector.

Brown/Red (Octane adjust) has no connection on other side of multiplug.

Brown/Blue (Octane adjust) has no connection on other side of multiplug, but has a tee'd off wire before the mutli labelled EARTH by me(Tee'd with a scotchlok, so not as ford intended)

It's these three wires I don't know what do do with... Help Please?????

Nicko

Guest chris brown

Just been out and had a look. Mine has all three wires going through the multi plug then all connected together and earthed. as you say the green wire goes to the coil +

I thought the green went to the coil negative from one of the connections in the inductive/ESC/EEC box and then on to the rev counter. Black to coil positive. The octane adjust wires can be earthed or isolated, it doesn't matter as you will set the timing later by strobe and make fine adjustments by twiddling the dizzy to eliminate pinking or increase power. The idle speed wire can be isolated for now but when up and running, the computer idles the engine at 900 with it isolated and 975 with it earthed.

Nigel