Plod Interest

Guest androo700

Guest androo700

I was just wondering how people have experienced being stopped in Hoods? More or less than, say, a Nova SR?

Back in Wales i could expect to get stopped at least once a fortnight (usually for overtaking), just cautions mostly.

Here in London the police seem much less bothered, but i'm wondering if the RH will attract more?

B)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

I was driving through Lincoln the other day and a police car pulled up beside me at the lights:

He wound down his window and asked if I would like a race? :lol: :lol:

No problems this neck of the woods, I think you will probably find that anywhere.

I got caught with a radar gun before christmas Had to go to court the other week how have an extra 3 points and had to pay costs of £35 as well. i thought they came off or did not count after 3 years now found out it is 4 years.

stephen now driving very slow ( 9 total points )

Not been stopped for years, (thats done it now,) in any car,

May have a ticket on way, if the t/lights had a camera on Sat, but then again so could the two i followed through, Hey lads

its not the static camera's that are a problem,(we know where all those are,) its the sneaky underhanded camera ops, sat on there arse's in the back off the Ford Galaxy's, hiding just around bends, so as soon as you clock them, they have got you.

Nearly been caught several times with these.

only a matter of time im sure

mitch

Plod?*@!$%&&!

Cheeky monkey. Shame no location in your profile!! Only kidding ;)

Do the police take an interest in RHoods? Sure - but only as much as any other car that stands out from the crowd. Let's face it if any of us didn't enjoy turning the odd head we'd drive Ford Mundano's wouldn't we? (Sorry Bill) :wub: You're going to draw attention to yourself in a car like a hood so break the limit at your peril....

Anyway, if you drive around in excess of the speed limit it is far better to end up with 3 points and a sixty quid fine from someone sat on their arse in the back of a safety camera van than ten years for causing death by dangerous. I would stake my pension on the belief that any pedestrian hit by a Robin Hood at anything over 30 mph would be killed instantly. God forbid. The modern day production car is designed with pedestrian impact in mind: flexible plastic bumpers, soft thin bonnets, deformable safety glass. Even then most pedestrians die when hit at 40 mph because their heads usually impact at the top of the windscreen which is rigid as hell. And I would say that the driver/passenger of the hood would probably be killed by the pedestrian's body entering the cockpit through the screen at 30mph. Think about it.

Anyone hit by an open suspension car like ours are never going to walk again if they are lucky enough to survive. So guys, take it steady eh? We don't need to speed to impress others now do we? :huh:

(Off soapbox back to toolbox)

I can see you points, these cars would kill or seriously injury to anyone coming into contact at speed with them. And i do hope im never behind the wheel of any vehicle that cause injury to another road user.

BUT there are too many speed/safety (call then what you will) cameras on our roads, the Galaxy vans in Blackburn are opertated by civilians, on 17k a year and when you drive past the usally sat on the baskside's reading the morning paper, (seen this first hand) and have even caused obstructions in the road over blind summits, causing oncoming traffic to break heavily on seeing them as they come into view, and oposing traffic to do the same, even a bus needed to reverse to let oncoming traffic through,

This could have been a isolated incident??

There is one camera position in Blackburn, near to where i work, which i have never seen active in the last 2 years, its on an industrial estate,(speed restriction needed???) but the reason i think its never been active, is because its 700 yrds from the entrance to the new Police head quarters in Blackburn.

I only drive fast (quickly not excessively) when its safe to do so and in a place where there are few or no cars or pedestrians,

As i said earlier, i have not been stopped for years and have held a clean licence for at least 12 years, and have only had 6 pnts in total over 18 yrs of driving.

These cars do cause interest, last Policeman i saw when driving mine, smiled as he went past, or was it laughter as it was pouring down at the time :lol: :D :p

It is mainly driving stye and types that get the police attention male youths in particlular (i know was one once).

I hope we all drive safely and are accident/ incident free for years

Mitch

Guest mark kingston

i got pulled on the M3 a few years back, it was the first time i had been pulled and looking back on it i was driving far too fast as i was trying to make up for lost time and late to see a customer.

first i knew was when i saw the flashing light pulling down the slip road behind me, i eased off but got pulled over anyway.

i had been doing 120 and thought god i am going to get banned, i was so relieved when i was told that they had clocked me at 94.6 (obviously whilst i was slowing down). 3 points later and lighter by £30 as it was then, but a whole lot wiser.

i now take things a fair bit easier as it gave me one hell of a fright to think how i was going to manage without a license for a while. :D

Guest docter fox
These cars do cause interest,

It is mainly driving stye and types that get the police attention male youths in particlular

I havn't been stopped yet :D

but knowing my luck I'll be pulled over tomorrow and they'll think I've nicked it ;)

I do get a lot of looks though and people talking to me when I'm stopped at the lights B)

androo, how old are you?