Diffuser

Snapperpaul

I am always looking for ideas from the big manifactures as they can afford to spend big bucks getting it right ( not all the time I know ) and have been pondering on the wind diffuser that a lot of them have behind the seats, usually cliped to the roll bar. Perspecs would be cheap enough and easy to fit to a hood, but would it act as another air brake. Or the other solution i have seen, a sort of strong, taught, net. I have been in hood with and without side screens on and feel that unless you have a lid on, it's got to be side screens and have seen the deflectors on the Northern Hoods site. Also the Cobra type side deflectors, any good? i have just picked up a set.

hi

from past posts on the subject it would appear that the perspex / net

on the roll bar is not a sucess.

Wind deflectors on the screen pillars do help but obviousley not as much as

full side screens.

Swan

the Cobra type side deflectors, any good? i have just picked up a set.
If you've picked up a set that are made for Cobra's, then they'll be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard! :( they just aren't big enough.

(By-the-way, we call them "Elephants ears")

And the net, perspex thing has all been tryed, and dumped!

Thanks John I read it................. The thread was interesting and a little less anti than the replies to this one, however more ideas and more experiences to take on board. The best solution so far that i have experienced is a good set of side screens that fit well with a large perspecs area, feels like you are open but don't get the wind. My aims with this build are... 1. get it built. 2.don't spend loads (elephant ears were £10) . pass the bl**dy SVA. 4. Drive it. and finaly add all those details that are the joint possitive experiences of the club members.

Hey, that's a coincidence, same as me!

I used to dream up all these lovely well engineered solutions to make the car weather proof, windproof, quiet, refined, fast, responsive, amazing handling, comfy etc, etc, etc.

Then I thought "sod it, I need to get it on the road" and got the big hammer out.

Having driven it without a windscreen I have to say it was great fun. Not sure the same applies in the rain though. <_<

Guest Andy Rathbone
sod it, I need to get it on the road" and got the big hammer out.

good philosophy

Having driven it without a windscreen I have to say it was great fun. Not sure the same applies in the rain though.

same great fun just a little moist :huh: