Moan Of The Day

Guest rizla

Guest Jaffer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Riz,

Just read your story out to the office and you got a cheer!!!

No need to feel guilty... you didn't do them any harm... it was more of a community service! ;)

Jaff

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alan rowe

I dream of doing something like that Riz - immpressive and dont feel in any way guilty - they will be probably talking about you for years

A

Ok

I don't want to be the party-pooper here, and I anticipate a backlash given the universal support for Rizla's actions but I think this needs to be said.

Riz, that little voice that made you feel guilty about this was your conscience because I imagine you are law-abiding person. But I'm afraid you crossed the line here. Even given the immature and offensive conduct of the other driver I'm afraid it is you my friend who have committed the more serious offence.

My experience of drivers like this is that they do not take kindly to anyone who have so publicly challenged their 'cred' and you may not have heard the end of this. Your action of putting your hand in his car, removing the keys and throwing them where they can't be found would fit the legal definition of theft, which is an arrestable offence.

You have also opened yourself up to counter allegations about your own driving, and if these idiots have made a complaint about you you will know within 14 days as the police will serve a Notice of Intended Prosecution on you requiring you to identify the driver of the vehicle at the time of this incident. (You could also have ended up with a knife in the guts). And he's got his witnesses, although they are not strictly 'independent'.

However I suspect our chav friend will not take this further given the clear support for your actions from other motorists (witnesses), and he probably knows full well that he was out of order. You probably have done a public duty by knocking him down a peg or to, but I'm afraid I can't condone your method - you should have reported this to the police since you felt so strongly about it. (Yes I know people will reply to this with comments like 'they aren't interested, can't be bothered' etc, but you may be interested to know that there are thousands of drivers like this who are on written warnings under section 59 of the police reform act over this kind of driving, and many others who have had their vehicles seized by the police). Your evidence as an experienced driver could have been very useful.

One to put down to experience? ......

And finally (the Jerry Springer bit)

There are a lot of experts within our midst from a huge diversity of professions, who offer the benefit of their knowledge on various threads, and this is my offering. However I don't want people to feel that they can't vent their frustrations on this site without fear of criticism from the law. If anyone would rather I kept my professional observations out of threads like this then please say and I will respect your wishes.

Richard :)

Guest lopsylu
You have also opened yourself up to counter allegations about your own driving, and if these idiots have made a complaint about you

to do this they would need to be able to read.

Guest alan rowe

Richard you are entitled to give your opinion both personally and professionally as far as i'm concerned and i appreciate it

Its sad that idiots that Riz encountered can be seen to be on the right side of the law when probably most of the time they don't care a S..t and do and act as they like

What Riz did was technically wrong but good for all of us decent people

I've mentioned to a number of people today what Riz did and 100% applauded it - it's maybe wrong in the eyes of the law but it's right in the eyes of the majority

Alan

Guest rizla

:rolleyes: richard you are right,and everyone needs to know the law-----yes i knew i was breaking it and .......would i do it again.....hhhmmmm-----YES,i know thats wrong but thats just me,i do have a criminal record(long time ago) for gbh,so i dont think it would go down well with the courts etc

i have calmed down drasticly since then and very very rarely go mental,i came close last year with the rs jigtech saga,threatening the owners life/knee caps etc,but all was sorted so calmed down

please if you read this,yes now its funny at the time it was not i can assure you

DONT COPY ME you will come a cropper,legaly or worse

Guest Dredd

Enforcer makes a good point. Under recent legislation, it is now possible for vehicles that are used in an anti social way to be siezed by the police. Anti social has a pretty wide definition from the manner of driving to the noise nuisance (check your decibels) and potentially use of footpaths to park!

The first stage following a complaint is a written notice of warning and any further incidents following that mean siezure. Has been used to good effect in my area.

I'm sure that we all respect the advice that both Derek & Richard give, and welcome it. But we all know that what Rizla did was "technically" illegal, but I'll bet that Chav thinks twice before giving verbal abuse to the next motorist! ;)

Guest Jaffer
I'm sure that we all respect the advice that both Derek & Richard give, and welcome it. But we all know that what Rizla did was "technically" illegal, but I'll bet that Chav thinks twice before giving verbal abuse to the next motorist! 

I agree Jim..... It seems very sad that Chavy Boy can dish out the abusive verbage etc, to anyone he feels ought to have some, but only risks a telling off or his toys taken away, but Riz, who didn't appear to be having a 'Lie down and play dead' day ran the risk of being nicked! Rizla's actions whilst "technically" illegal were hardly abusive!! "Just a bit of a joke your Honour"

I guess no one said that the law was ever based on justice did they!

It must make the Boys in Blue cringe sometimes surely?

J.

Guest Dredd

Thankfully the government has realised that the issues that affect us most, i.e. anti social behaviour and quality of life issues are as important as the other 'priority' crime issues. That means the police service can move resources into tackling this type of behaviour.

Yes Jaffer, we do get really frustrated at this type of behaviour and seeing it going on unchecked, but any action by a citizen needs to be lawful if there is any chance of imposing behaviour standards.

Guest Battery Bill

Derek/Richard

Is there a law against loud music in cars? Because there is always some turkey who thinks I want to listen to his "Thump Thump" :gdit: :gdit:

Funny its always the same track "Thump Thump" :lol: :lol: :lol: