Twin Dellorto Tuning

Jon Green

Hi guys,

I've just got my hands on a morgan tune carb balancer. I connected it all up to find that all my flows are very different. I have adjusted the balancing bar between the two carbs but what can you do to balance each barrell to it's friend?

Cheers

Jon

Check first for any induction leaks. Use the latest mishab 'gaskets'.(Flat metal plate with the rubber moulded in place on each side, not the plastic one with two loose O rings) Then probably best to remove the carbs and deal with each one separately. Check that each has the same chokes fitted. If so then looking in the back you can loosen the two screws that hold each butterfly plate in the spindle to allow them some movement and wiggle and jiggle the spindle closed to see if the butterflys will settle into an equal position, then tighten. If this doesn't help then the spindles are twisted and you need two new ones from racecar . I think it must be almost impossible to straighten a twisted spindle.

Nigel

Guest chris

please check this, but I believe that you can adjust each carb by the speed controll

to adjust the air flow.Depending on which dellorto you have, these screws could be covered by a small domed ali capand are located near the idle screws.You must ensure that the engine is fully up to temperature before adjusting any thing bar the throttle balance lever

hope this helps

regards chris

Hi Chris,

Yeah I know the domes your talking about. How do they control anything? Im a carb numpty! :rolleyes:

I did wonder if it could be an air leak around the throttle spindle.

Tar

Jon

Guest chris

The domes are covers to the adjustment screws,you need to invert the domes ,ie use a blunt punch or similar and then they can be removed to gain access

regards chris