Rhe Not At Stafford

Joel

Guest Taffy Rob

Well, they weren't, which was a bit dissapointing cos I was set to take a hood kit off their hands! Although in all honesty I'm not really blaming them as there seemed to be a poor / half-ar5ed attendance from a lot of the trade! And I didn't see that many hoods either - in fact I couldn't find the club stand at all (wasn't there long though, drove up, wandered round, and drove home, in 6 hours - from south wales - cos the missus was in work this evening), although I did get the pleasure of following a trio, red, green and blue, up the M6, which was nice!

Rob

p.s. see seperate posting about stoneleigh!

:D :D :D

That's cos they moved us this year, we were in that hall that they had the miniture radio controlled cars in the last two years. The one through the plastic tunnel, near the Bar.

And yes, I agree with you, it wasn't up to the standard that it was like a few years ago. But in saying that, once you've bought your kit, you aren't really interested in the manufacturers any more, more the accessory stalls etc. There were just enough of those, I certainly got all the bits and pieces that I wanted.

It would have been nice to see more members there, but it's the early arrival & late departure that puts most people off.

Guest Taffy Rob

Thats true enough, the only people I missed were CBS, and I managed to get pretty much what I wanted. Sorry I missed you, sounds like we've become the 'poor relation'??? <_<

Mixed fealings about the "new hall location" there were obviously many people who missed finding us, but the place was warm (old place never was) we could sneak out early, as there wasn't any stalls to dodge round, it's just a pity that there wasn't as much there, and that it was poorly signed by the organisers. But next year you'll all know where to look!

I thought the new Hall was better, though I only stumbled across it by accident. There seemed to be more room to have a good poke around the Hoods on display, without jostling for position with those trying to get to stalls.

I thought Robin Hood could have made the effort to be there. Even if the new models arn't ready to display they could have provided some information of what we can expect. They probably missed a lot of business from people wanting to collect parts, and it would have been useful to those of us already building (there must be hundreds) to have another look at the demonstrator cars.

:huh: There seemed to be alot of members wanting kit of RHE. even if the cars are not for sale till may, I would have thought they would have put there lolocost stand up!

I did manage to find the club stand and chat with some new builders (has well has the NW crew, Hi all)one of whom went to see Tim to jion up there and then, I hope he gets has much out of the club has i have wilst building my 2B.

Only one thing I think the raffle on Sat was rigged :p

Mitch

Blackburn