2b/4 Radiator Plumbing

eddieH

Guest Battery Bill
Is Jim a Queen then !!

:lol: :lol:

I have not looked into this thread till now and what do I see ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most definately not!!!!!!!

No I agree with him but not on the pancake issue :lol: :lol:

Oh or the cambelt cover one :rolleyes:

Or the (Unmentionable one) :lol: :lol:

Or the............. :p :p

We could do a thread on all the things Jim loves to hate. No cam cover. Pancake filters. Hamer*bleep*e. Untidy holes round exhaust pipes. (Deserved :D ). Points dizzys. Just for starters.

Nigel

Whoa, censored in the middle of a word. Clever these computoboffs.

Hi guys,

please excuse my ignorance - what is wrong with a pancake filter? What is the best alternative - it looks like there will only be 1.5 inches of clearance from carb to bonnet on mine! By the way, your engine bay looks awesome Vic. I've squeezed the rad in now - going to put the pipes in today and hopefully the engine will start tomorrow or monday! Cheers,

Eddie

Oh blimey. Here we go again ..... brace yourselves everyone!

Eddie, I went for a Pipercross filter. The lowest they supply is 25mm..... but if you ask them at the time of order they will lower it for you. I bought my filter and baseplate for the carb at Stoneleigh - at shows they charge £25 all in - if you order normally it will cost about £38. I ended up cutting mine down to about 15mm in any case, having checked with Pipercross first that this wouldn't cause a problem.

Guest chris brown

Come on Jim a little slow aren’t you? :lol: Especially as there seems to be people out there who need a lessen on how air requires a free flow into the venturi and not be sucked through a bit of wire mesh then turned through 90 degrees causing a vacuum outside the carb. Definitely not the way to go if you want performance out of a motor.

Knowledge v experience.

I remember a new partner in my practice who we appointed due to his superb level of knowledge as he was fairly fresh out of medical school. Brimfull of stuff about alphafoetoproteins and up to the minute on the latest advances in preventing tissue rejection in transplants. Made us oldies feel a bit inadequate till he failed to diagnose his first simple case of mumps!

Nigel