What Happened To....

Jon Bradbury

Guest Battery Bill

Jon

I think the one you are looking for is under "Maintenance and modifications" if you look at the posts for the last 90 days and it is in there.

Guest cjbailey

Unfortunately I have to stay in the "dark ages". The place where I live is nice and out of the way, and is full of old people. This means that the exchange will not be updated to allow us to have broadband or anything of that nature. ISDN is too unstable for my liking (my 56k connection quite often runs faster than my mates twin ISDN's :rolleyes: ).

I do have access to a reasonable internet connection at work, plus the school at which my dad is the ICT co-ordinator has a nice 2Mb line. Thats amazing when all you have plugged into it is a laptop! So I put up with the 56K connection at home (although it does get a bit slow sometimes when you have 3 or 4 computers running on it :unsure: ).

Well... the site is only like that because I don't have the time at present to do something fiddly with thumbnails and frames. Plus, as I already said on this site somewhere, I'm still using Notepad to hack the HTML (how hard is that?).

Now, all those other bits that should have been plated by Robin Hood (eg, cycle wing mount brackets, assorted tubes, brackets and other crap) are going to be done as well. There's nothing worse than a nice shiny stainless steel car let down by nasty little bits of corrosion caused by Hammerite chipping off. This is the solution to my greatest worry to date (hurrah!). I just wish I'd got it all done the moment I got the kit back home last December (ie, whilst most of it was still in the bag). A certain abount of dismantling will have to be done now...

Cheers

JonB

PS, I have a 56k modem too...

Guest Battery Bill

Hey Jon

Its not that hard to use notepad and html to do your website.

Not a hint of extra website software on our site.

Think its your pics may be to high a resolution.

Mind you it loads plenty fast enough on my (Broadband) connection!

Oops sorry

To be honest it depends of the compression as well. eg look at the picture below,same dimensions etc. as the original but only 23kb instead of 54kb (41% of the original size) but how much difference can you see? This was of course done using my "Image Sizer" app which will be going shareware soon, so grab your free copy now!