Twin U/j Prop Shaft

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

not desperate to get back on the road, I've got the clio to get me around, whenever's best for you is ok with me, I'll give you a ring tomorrow, how long would it take them to make the propshaft?

They say it's a next day service. But I did'nt push them and I had mine back in two days. I go past the factory on my way to and from the office. You could have a run up to my home this weekend with your prop. Problem is next week I am only in the office on Monday morning. I'm in London for the rest of the week. But I could collect next Saturday morning and bring it down to you at York.

This is what you get if the measurements are wrong! :boohoo:

post-7-1126302781.jpg

Peter!

I am trying to work out a RHOCaR discount and you go and spoil it by writing things like that! They will never agree to a club discount now! :D :) :) :D

How's the Hood mate? Recovering from your bad luck? Got a big lock on the garage or have you removed the gear lever?

Funny story.

Me and a mate had arranged to meet up with some se7en owners at a local pub. Now how can you spot a seven owner in a crowded pub? The idiots had removable gear levers and had them in the centre of their table, they looked like sex toys!

Steve,

If you are trying to arrange a club discount you can get them to make me one up.

I will be taking engine out in October so about Nov (ISH) I could get the old one up to you.

Do you fancy arranging another replacement?

Cheers Lee

Update

Drove with Ken Brough down to Malton in the Hood to collect Dr Foxes propshaft on the way got diverted to Croft for a look at the racing and bumped into the RAF guy from Barkston with the racing mini.

I'm going to Commercial propshafts first thing in the morning.

I'll let you know how I do tomorrow on the discount path.

Steve

OK

Propshaft delivered. It's a replacement job, old one too far gone.

Written request for club discount delivered to the sales manager, he's promised to pass it on to the MD.

It's a proper sob story about Dr Fox being a poor 17 year old student and us RHOCaR boys being poor relatives to those Caterham toffs. :boohoo:

Gone to London for the week.

Collect propshaft Saturday morning.

Steve

Hi Doc,

I'll be collecting your new propshaft this morning. Tomorrow I'll be comming to York, I'll give you a call from York when we arrive and we can arrange a rendezvous point.

Steve

Guest docter fox

left 6th form slightly early and fitted the prop, it fits! slightly paranoid about a noise but got a friend to hold the wheel while i tried to put my head in the transmission tunnel :lol: and conformed its quiter than its ever been and probably just the wind. bring on donnington!

Thanks again to steve

James