Lightweight Sva'd And Road Legal

peter_m7uk

I spotted on RH's site yesterday that they described the Lightweight as SVA compatible, when previously they had never claimed such a thing.

I just sent them an e-mail to clarify. It turns out that they finally put it through

SVA last week and passed :D So Lightweighters like myself can now breathe a sigh of relief that they aren't building a worthless heap of junk :p I wonder what the chances are of them passing on info about potential problems, once they've got some mileage on it :wacko: I can't imagine a brand-new model will be totally bug-free....

Pete

Guest chris brown

I believe the lightweight is the first ever Robinhood to go through SVA. I suspect you will get info from the factory on the problems they encountered also now it has passed they said it is going to be used to the full, both on track days and on the road to find and iron out problems if any. This must give you guys with the lightweights much more confidence than we had with the earlier 2B's which was prior to this site and asking the factory got the response to virtually any question was "I'm sure you'll find a way". I believe the new management to be much more helpful and friendly.

I am gobsmacked :o Robin Hood have never SVA'd any of their cars??!!! :o

So, since 1998, they have never actually tested a car on a public road or passed the government test before putting a car on the market! Incredible!

I always knew buying a Lightweight was taking a risk, but it is heartening to know that the new owners are at least trying to behave like a 'proper' car manufacturer :)

I get the impression there aren't amny Lightweight's about on the road at the moment.

I'm in the process of noving house, and the new place has a garage and space to let me finally get round to doing something I've wanted to do for a long time, ie build a kit.

I also have a spare Yamaha YZF1000 engine from my Thunderace bike (needs a new gearbox, but that's a differnt story) so was toying with the idea of a lightweight as a new home for the engine. (148bhp at the fly, and soon to be with the yzf750 6 speed box instead of the stock 5 speed unit)

I might hold off on committing myself until there's been a few more builds, but then, if everyone has that attitude.....

Anyway.. I'm keen to hear from, or see any lightweights that are in progress, or completed.

Cheers

a

Guest John Walton
it would be nice to see it at a club track day, like the next barkston....

The MD of Robin Hood Sports Cars has been emailed by myself and offered an entry for all 8 rounds of the RAFMSA series for next year as a way of developing the Lightweight for track use.

Guest v8cortina

Hi,

I visited the RHE factory today to view the new Lightweight. I can confirm that their Lightweight has been SVA'd. I was impressed with the car and all I got to do now is convince my wife we need to purchase this kit as well as building my other car.

:D

I can sense flowers and sore knees coming on ;) ;)

Guest chris brown
I might hold off on committing myself until there's been a few more builds,
You may have some time to wait as the first ones were only collected from the factory a few weeks ago and if the 2B is any guide then most will take 12 to 18 months to SVA and on the road.

AS far as I am aware they have made changes and put through all of there model to date that needed sva
Must have been very recent then Mat as the Boss man said at Harrogate the lightweight would be the first factory (demonstrator) hood to go through SVA

Guest v8cortina

Hi,

They informed me today that I would ony have to wait about 3 weeks as they have everything ready. They built theres in approx. 5 weeks which included filming for the DVD. I guess more than one was on the case!! <_<