Robin Hood S7

Guest Harry B

Guest Harry B

I am a newbie on here,and have just purchased a second hand Robin Hood S7 off someone.It’s in fairly good nick,but not a rolling chassis,which I intend to make it asap.Does anyone know detailed information on this chassis,and what donor vehicle is needed(eg.rear axle and front uprights,suspension etc)and whether this can all be taken off in one piece?Any help would be very much appreciated!

Guest Bob's Babe

Harry, welcome. :D

I can't help with any of your technical stuff cos I'm the bosses dim girlie bit. He's gone in the shower and off to bed so he can't help tonight but I'm sure there are others around who will. :D

They will ask you to put in your location, then if anyone is local they may offer to come round, drink all your tea and eat your biscuits. :o

Of course they can be helpful during these visits too ;)

They will also want some pics of the said chassis to aid identification as there are many different models using different donors....I think :rolleyes:

Or they will want to know tube size? age? shape? things like that!

If all else fails can you get to Donnington this weekend cos there will be loads of cars there to have a look at and try to match up.

SUE :wub:

Hi Harry, for info on your car model look at this site link there is a section on car spotting and add your location as Sue said, you will soon get some visitors to drink tea and offer advice. Unless it is a very early car it needs a Sierra as a donor otherwise it could be a cortina or even a dolomite!

Peter.

Guest Harry B

It's the Series 3 Robin Hood,with a moncoque chassis,no tubular structure at all.I'm guessing it accepts the Sierra running gear,engine etc. then?I live about five minutes from Newmarket

I'm not near enough to nick all your biscuits, but you'll need a Sierra, if you dont have any Donor parts already. Best just to get a complete car. One with the SOHC (pinto) engine is the one to go for, unless your up for a real challenge. Did you get the Build videos with the Kit. They're not brilliant but will give you an insight into what you have taken on.

Good Luck.

Pete

Harry i am upto rolling shell stage with a series 3 i picked up last November. I have a full set of 3 VHS tapes about 7 hours of video. It will get you started and clear the lounge of all other members of the household.

The worst camera work you will ever see and the audio is suplimented with workshop drilling and crashing interspersed with the dog barking.

I also have a huge file of build and modification info that i can burn to disc for you.

Just want some blank tapes in return so i can copy them again for other needy members.

Mail me your address and i will duplicate a set at work and post them of this week.

Paul