Look: Robin Hood Parts For Sale!

Guest Pete Jordan

Guest Pete Jordan

After years of trying to find the time to finish my Series 1 Robin Hood, I have finally conceded defeat. Therefore, I have several items, detailed below, that have come from a Robin Hood Series 1 but may well be useful for other models as well. I’ve suggested what I think to be a fair price for each item(s) but might be open to reasonable negotiation. Obviously some of the items will not go in the post so buyers will have to collect from my East Grinstead address or from the Donnington Park (I’m there tomorrow (Saturday) from the start until about 2.00 PM) or Exeter shows. Please call me tonight (see numbers below) if you want me to bring any items to the Donnington Park show tomorrow. The items are:

• Bonnet – In mild “zintec” steel. Has louvres, is unpainted and has been trimmed, had holes drilled for rubber over-centre catches and had stiffening ribs fibreglassed on the inside (see photographs). Price: £30

• Ford Pinto Exhaust Manifold – 4-2-1 “sports” manifold, unused, as supplied by Robin Hood. Price £40

• Stainless steel exhaust – Unused, as supplied by Robin Hood. Price £30

• Front Spax shocks with 120lb springs – Unused. Price £60

• Front Stub axle adaptors (pair) with top ball joints fitted – Unused. Price £20

• Pair of front “clamshell” wings in green - One wing has had two holes drilled in it for the wing stay, both have holes drilled to fit to body. Both are lightly scratched. Price £40 the pair

• Nosecone in green - It has been drilled to accept DZUS fastenings on each top rear corner and has a steel plate fibreglassed in to the bottom (to allow for being hinged). Price £30

• Rear suspension conversion components. Consists of unused coilover shocks/springs, powder-coated top mounting brackets and cross-body brace bar to allow a Series 1 (2 and 3 as well?) to be converted from using the Sierra springs/shocks. Price £80 (the shocks/springs alone cost £160!)

• Pair of rear wings in green – lightly scratched, have captive nuts fibreglassed in to the rear edge for securing to body. Price £40 the pair

• Front anti-roll bar conversion kit – Unused. Consists of a pair of tie-rods, rod ends, external brackets, internal mounting brackets and heavy-duty compliance bush set. Basically all you need to make the conversion. Price £40

• Rollbar – Unused, powder coated, has a strengthening/seat belt bar across it. Price £50

• Pair of front wishbones – Unused. Price £30

I’ve taken photographs of everything, which can be viewed on my webspace at:

Robin Hood Parts Pictures

If you have any questions please either email me at peterjrdn@aol.com or phone me on 07990 731741 or 01342 322455.

Guest salty_monk

I'm interested in the Spax, anyone know if they'll fit a wishbone 2b? I think the springs are probably a bit light but I can get heavier (say 180lb) ones from rally design.... :)

I'm interested in the Stainless steel exhaust – Unused, as supplied by Robin Hood. Price £30 and the • Ford Pinto Exhaust Manifold – 4-2-1 “sports” manifold, unused, as supplied by Robin Hood. Price £40

Guest chris brown
anyone know if they'll fit a wishbone 2b
Dan 2.25" springs will just go in (my 2.25" Gaz units are a tight fit) but 1.9" will give you that little bit more clearance (the RHSC supplied zimmers are 1.9"). BTW both Bill and myself are running with 325lb springs on the front so suspect your 180's might be a bit soft.

Guest Pete Jordan

Thank you for all your replies/offers. The situation so far is that the following items have now been sold (to those people I have contacted):

Exhaust manifold

Exhaust

Front antiroll bar conversion

Rear suspension springs/shocks conversion

Front shocks/springs

Front wishbones

Front stub adaptors

All the other items are still available and I will be going to the Exeter show should any one want any of the other items brought there to save postage.

thanks again,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I may be interested in the Rear wings and the nosecone (if it's the wider of the two?). I'm builing a 2B Plus, so I think I need the wider of the two widths?

Anyone,

Some of you may be aware that I'm looking to replace all my GRP (which is Red) for Green GRP.

Does anyone know if these wings will be wide enough to cover 205 sized tyres?

Does anyone know if the colour will match the current RH offering (as I still need to buy 9inch Cycle wings (Then again I may go for the swept wing option) :mellow:

Thanks... Steve.

Guest Pete Jordan

Steve,

the nosecone is 660mm across at the rear top ie where you would secure it to the top of the main body, and 455mm at the rear bottom. I don't think the rear wings will fit a 2B, as the Series 1, 2, 3 bodies went in approx. 75mm from the main body line under the rear wheel arches. Therefore these wings have the end panel curve moulded into them, if you know what I mean. also these wings have quite a few blemishes (dodgy moulds), so if you do not want to paint them they are propably not for you.

regards

Pete