Speed Camera Detectors

Guest tom2b

The local police force are having a real crack down on speeding and other motoring offences in & around st austell where i live lately, even sneekily hiding behind a corner and jumping out with a speed camera as you approach (witnessed this tonight whilst out running) i dont condone speeding in built up areas but i must confess to ocassionaly creeping over the limit by a few mph without realising it from time to time! i was wondering if any of you have speed camera detectors and if so which one to recommend as there is such a vast choice?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Road Angel with lazer + PDA with speed and red light data base and the ultimate deterant, take the wife/partner with you.

That was my problem didn't have any with me when i god caught by VASCAR which you can't detect anyway.

Guest micky bigthumbs

The new r/ angel 2 is supposed to detect vascar and spex but i have slowed down more with one than without one because i am now aware of schools ..black spots ..danger zones and some idiot who keeps saying you are over the legal speed limit slow down all for £400 what a waste of money ..it was easeyer when i slowed down for cameras now i watch red and blue flashing lights and the wife and some bloke who i dont know both winge at me and me pocket is empty

Mick

I must be such a goodie goodie... :( ... but I can't really see why anybody needs to spend several hundreds of pounds on equipment to avoid getting a speeding ticket..... the vast majority of cars have a unit fitted anyway as standard :o ... the speedo!

I get quite puzzled why so many people assume that in a 30mph limit you have to do 30mph and you might 'get away with' 35mph. The sign actually means, unless I've been misinformed.... that the maximum speed permissable in that area is 30mph. I have always therefore assumed that 25mph or even 20mph :o is allowed and that our law enforcing officers will not hold this failure to reach exactly 30mph, against you.

I have a friend who lashed out on a road angel, top spec, all the bells and whistles and it made him feel bomb proof. He is currently doing his best to stall the relative paper work to put off his inevitable loss of licence. He collected an extra three tickets in just over a week, which will add nine points to the three he already had.

My advice Tom, for what its worth, save your £400 ish, drive within the limit where ever required, if your naughty car does nip above the speed limit use some of the £400 to pay the fine and give your car a damn good talking too!

As for telling you when you're in a school area, just look out for the large 'SCHOOL' signs by the road :D .

Accident black spots are more commonly known as 'CORNERS' and 'JUNCTIONS' :lol:

Yep, save your money.

Oh I love these threads :D