Buying A New Car Suggestions Please

Guest micky bigthumbs

I just got a ford probe v6 24v great road holding ok performance its nothing like the bad reports i've read. very good condition only needs cutting back and polish..interior imaculate all electrics ok .and the Mazda engine souds like a V8 when you wind the revs up and clog it.. cost £600 bargain and clasic insurance

Mick

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Mickey

I agree their it revs "Very" quickly I have been caught out by the rev limiter a few times already :lol: :lol: And it does sound wicked. It is also a suprise for the local "Boy racers" as well :lol: :lol:

We have had a few "Big" problems already but when they are sorted it should be good for a long while yet.

Guest micky bigthumbs

Have you got one bill...i joined the owners club and they had a track day at donni this weekend but i went to horse shoe pass in the hood instead ..chasing lost wheels and old bikers

Mick

Guest Battery Bill

Mickey

We have the 2.5 V6 24V Mondeo, which we have just bought cheap and now am in the process of getting the head gaskets changed

(Thanks Warren)

It is proving to be quite a large job but I have entrusted a local garage, and they have got the car up on ramps and the whole front subframe and suspension off and the engine out, apparently its easier this way :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The injection loom was buggered looks like someone tried cleaning it with Cilitt Bang or something like that but I rebuilt it myself rather than pay Ford £250 for a new one.

PS Don't get Head Gasket kits from Ford, they are suprisingly cheaper than the motor factors, but equally suprising is the fact that they don't include the "Head Gaskets" :lol: :lol: You have to pay another £100 to get them :boohoo: :boohoo:

Thanks, have being looking at the probe, or prefeably the mondeo ST24. Although they all seem a little thirsty and having to do 50miles a day in one might cost me a fortune. Parkers seems to think they are in the low thirties for mpg, from first hand experience would you agree?

Hey, just to let anyone who helped my descion know that i have finally made the purchase..............and its a 2.5 V6 Mondeo Ghia X. Not the ST24 that i wanted but this is the same car with more extras but lacking a body kit..........well you cant have it all!!!

So thanks for the replies and hopefully it will give me 6 months trouble free motoring...........if i can find insurance!!

Guest Battery Bill

Good luck Simon

Mine only gave me 1 weeks trouble free driving :wub: :wub:

But its sorted now, I am tempted to take it for a thrash round Barkston or the other rhocar track day ( don't think Joey would let me though :lol: :lol: )

Guest micky bigthumbs

I was very tempted to give the probe a thrash at donni but i went to horsey pass to find back door bikers :D but there is another track day booked end of the month if its not snowing but it would still be fun

Mick