Buying A New Car Suggestions Please

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to use a 24v V6 Mondeo as an unmarked car around Slough. I absolutely agree that it revved very freely, and went like stink, but in the short lifetime of a traffic car it went through three engines and two gearboxes.

Reminds me of the story of the chap who had a hammer for 30 years and only replaced the head twice and the handle three times.

I thought I'd written it off going backwards througha brick wall during a pursuit but it was a tough old bird and the bodyshop soon had it back on the road. A week later my mate Gary got T boned in it by a Slough taxi driver who was drunk, disqualified and an illegal immigrant. Unbelievably the taxi driver was not prosecuted but poor old Gary got sent to court for Careless after pulling out on him in the first place. Amazing.

Anyway, back to the car. Loved it to bits but I wouldn't buy one - my experience of the engine was that it was too fragile, although to be fair we did drive it hard.

Guest gordon_macnab

I used to have one too, bought it for £900 ran it for a year , spent no money at all on it apart from MOT - failed on lambda sensor and no. plate light and then sold it for £1100. And it didn't miss a beat.

My Dad had 2 over the years and kept the last one for 6 years with no probs either.

• 1 month later...

Mickey/Bill - some unknown person crashed into my newly purchased one and cracked the rear bumper............then some women pulled into the side of me in london.....i pulled over, she drove off and on a road with about 20 camaras so could not get her!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my car is ready for a thrash around a track, thought you two guys or anyone else with a Ford V6 might be interested?????????