Grahams (gdc) Dyno Printout

Guest mtechautomotive

Guest mtechautomotive

post-3439-1233847066_thumb.png

As you can see, VVT makes things go mad at 4200.

The hil and drop you see is the car actually trying to lift out of the dyno then it resettles. The map is smooth in real life!

Matt

that is insane if you knocked the begining 1 of that figure you'd still have at least 10bhp more than my little 1.6 pinto (if i assumed it to be as new which it isnt). You could run on 2 cylinders and still have a lot more power than me. :D

Guest kevin booth

That will be fun when its wet hope you have some good tyres. Where is mtech because i brought mine from there, thinking of having it rolling roaded again as its fine flat out but slightly lumpie cruising at about 30 mph

Bet that's a wild ride! my 184 bhp was nothing like so dramatic!

Tony

Thats a point, contact details for m-tech? maybe they can squeeze more out of the red top!

m-tech

at westbury wilts

graham

Like having some insane laggy turbo kicking in at 4000. You can see the low speed cam timing is past it by 3000 rpm. Might produce a nicer driving experience and a faster car by switching the cams at somewhere between 3000 - 3500. Would give more torque low down and fill in that hole while still keeping the low revs drivability. Just because Uncle Henry set it to switch at 4000 doesn't mean you have to. Play on the dino with timing of the cam switching and it will be even better.

Nigel

Very interesting and I suspect the car's absolutely lunatic as it switches to VVT. Having seriously considered a switch myself, I think for now I'll stick to the blacktop zetec, as I'll only gain 12/13bhp for an outlay of probably £1k (engine and mapping). My engine's only done about 16k from new (came out of a 13k mile rear ended Focus) so ought to get more use out of it before changing. I'll wait and see how people develop the switching better as I think I prefer the smoother curve that launches me to the horizon even at lower revs (mine attached - the dotted lines were an earlier run before a bit of tweaking, the green line is the air fuel ratio).

Still think Graham's is a brilliant setup and a really smart job, nice for someone to do something a bit different and push the boundaries, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at some shows and see how people develop the mapping over time. The transplant may happen yet at some point!

Andy

Dyno_Emerald.doc

Guest mtechautomotive
That will be fun when its wet hope you have some good tyres. Where is mtech because i brought mine from there, thinking of having it rolling roaded again as its fine flat out but slightly lumpie cruising at about 30 mph

Ah Kevin,

Its been a while! Trust things are well with the ECU. Are you running on the basemap or have you had a play?

If you can give me setup details I may have a more accurate basemap kicking around for you.

We are down near Bath, pretty easy to get to, not far from the M4/M3.

Cheers,

Matt

Guest mtechautomotive
Like having some insane laggy turbo kicking in at 4000. You can see the low speed cam timing is past it by 3000 rpm. Might produce a nicer driving experience and a faster car by switching the cams at somewhere between 3000 - 3500. Would give more torque low down and fill in that hole while still keeping the low revs drivability. Just because Uncle Henry set it to switch at 4000 doesn't mean you have to. Play on the dino with timing of the cam switching and it will be even better.

Nigel

Nigel,

Our 2B we are building will have the exact same setup as Grahams, except I will be putting countles hours into developing a VVT PWM controller ontop of the base ECU code. This will no doubt be featured in our V4 ECU due for release at Detling.

Cheers,

Matt

Nigel,

Our 2B we are building will have the exact same setup as Grahams, except I will be putting countles hours into developing a VVT PWM controller ontop of the base ECU code. This will no doubt be featured in our V4 ECU due for release at Detling.

Cheers,

Matt

matt i want that map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!