Track Day

philshelton

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys Colin from Javelin has got back to me They run the day arrange Marshals, medic, insurance ( general public liability at a guess)on a week day cost is £2700+vat (£3300) Weekend £4000 + Vat (£4800) so wee need good support and deposits even before we book, up to you guys now ????

Ok guys Colin from Javelin has got back to me They run the day arrange Marshals, medic, insurance ( general public liability at a guess)on a week day cost is £2700+vat (£3300) Weekend £4000 + Vat (£4800) so wee need good support and deposits even before we book, up to you guys now ????

Although weekday is cheaper i think we have more chance of filling a weekend event, as we have discussed at meets, i think making people pay in full 3 months before the event, none cock fee's, if at any point a paid punter wants to pull out they will have to sell their spot to recoupe their brass....... sell an hour or 2's worth of track time to GBS to show their cars to their potential customers, this could be at lunchtime.. chance for everyone else to get some grub. If we can make this a large RHOCAR event then members could also propose a contribution from their area budget.

just my initial thoughts

As discussed i'm up for it would prefer week day for cost reasons, but there is a limit on what im gonna spend.

You love weekdays... is that because your semi retired

£3300 vs £4800

Putting it into context, having the event on a weekday is effectively costing a day's pay to most people*. I don't think the cost difference between weekday and weekend is enough to justify a weekday event, plus a weekend event would attract more people.

Personally I'm well up for this (weekend or weekday), in addition to barkston, provided there are enough subscribers to justify the cost.

*in the sense that the hol is not available to take another time/not available to sell back to the company if untaken at the end of the year, etc.

ok then lets start a list of who is up for it, as i need some idea of who we have to see if it is viable it will require full payment prior to event and javelin can do this for us on a if we more than cover the cost we get the extra back but i would need the club to underwrite it if this is possible.

ok then lets start a list of who is up for it, as i need some idea of who we have to see if it is viable it will require full payment prior to event and javelin can do this for us on a if we more than cover the cost we get the extra back but i would need the club to underwrite it if this is possible.

Good idea Phil, is it possible to Pin a list in the events section that we can all acknowledge our interest onto?

• Like 2

Think we need a date and cost first before we can commit anything.

I'm up for it if it's less than £100 any more and I may as well book onto a normal Javelin day.

Also how much for a second driver? Same price or less?

We need to get a good idea of numbers if we only got 20 intrested then it ain't going to be under £100 as for booking a date that means firm commitment and if its not filled whos picking up the bill?????

Guest alfaGTA

Hey up lads, after a quick scan through the posts and interest shown so far we appear to have less than 20 caps thrown into the ring so would it be worth our while to avoid any hassle (on jethro's behalf) and just book ourselves onto the same javelin trackday and let people fend for themselves? I've looked at the bookings for this sunday at blyton via javelin and they are fully booked at 45 entries so i assume they can handle up to 45 cars for a trackday without it being overcrowded otherwise people wouldn't rebook.... I understand we may be mixed with saxo's and full track attack machinery but atleast we'd not be faced with stumping up extra cash (either ourselves or RHOCaR as a club) to fill the void left by only 20 people booking. Javelin post their dates and venues about 3 months in advance from what i can see so there is plenty of opportunity for people to plan ahead and book themselves.

Although its still at the early stage and details are scarce, realistically i can't see many people that have read the trackday posts and not shown an interest suddenly jump into action and want to join in so numbers may be sub 20.

Either way i'm still absolutely up for it.