Hoodie Winter Warmers

Guest EMM

Right Stu is in the process of Taxing the 2B (not been the simplest of jobs :rolleyes: )

So its all systems go for a drive out at the weekend :D

Thing is it bloomin freezin! Wot do you hoodie's suggest i wear to keep me (somewhere) near warm?

Seems i shouldnt have laughed out loud at all the displays of 'christmas hat gifts' posts now *hangs head in shame*

any tips welcome!!!

:D

Guest chris n's missus

as many layers as you can without jepardising your ability to get in and out of the car in one fluid movement - a skill which i have yet to master :p

if you're anything like me and have ample acreage around your rear end :rolleyes: that won't be a problem with not too many layers. that part wont be exposed to the elements as much, and if your car has been fitted with sporty bucket seats, having too many layers on your butt might prove a tight squeeze.

if any parts are exposed - ie face and hands etc, smother them with moisturiser before you set off.

good luck and happy motoring :D

This weather:

2 T shirts, 1 thin sweater, 1 thick sweater, then the dead sheep! (sheepskin leather jacket, a must have!)

Thermal long Johns (about £6 off e-bay-new) (or thick tights for the girls [& maybe others!]

Thermal gloves, about £4 from Army & Navy stores, or "works safety clothes" type store. (seen some good ones recently for £4/pair)

Kneck warmer tube type thing that can be made into a balaclava. (made from "fleece" type material)

Open faced crash helmet & goggles (looks better than full face lid)

White silk scarf (old m/cycle days!)

2 pair socks.

Guest John Walton

As much as I'm sure a RHOCAR jacket is very warm, the dead sheep always gets my vote.

T-shirt, roll neck + sweat shirt and dead sheep, then wearing a full face helmet got me all the way from deepest south Lincolnshire to Stafford last year. No doors or screen on my car either. I a car like that a canvas cover over the thighs keeps the legs plenty warm enough.

Now when driving an open two seater with no side screens in the winter i recommend Mucklucks ( the white boots) a Dewliner (Black romper suite) good for minus 40 my classy over jacket ( some sort of Yak fur) and the stylish hat. :D :lol: :D :lol:

Guest chris n's missus

seeing all the sheep references reminds me of a joke:

a sheep farmer wanted to know how long it would take for his herd of ewes to become pregnant after he'd put his ram in their field. his vet had said if they were pregnant they would all be standing still, but every morning when he looked in their field they were walking around. he consulted his vet who said it might be worth considering artificial insemanation.

he, being a simple man, thought this meant he would have to impregnate the sheep himself, so he loaded them all onto his van, drove them to the nearby woods and had his way with all of them. this didn't seem to work first time so he did it all again the next 2 days on the trot.

on the 4th day he was too knackered to get out of bed, but he did ask his wife if the sheep were walking around or standing still. her reply was:

neither, they're all waiting in your van and one's beeping the horn!!! :lol: :lol: