Cams In A Blacktop

flameredturbo

I'm thinking....silver steel bar of the right diameter...stick it in the lathe to part it off at a thickness close to the desired shim thickness and then onto the surface grinder to take the last few thou off....

....at £14 each....this time next year Rodders we'll be millionaires!! :)

Guest chris brown

It a case of what you want your car for. A cam that is for track will make the car almost undrivable in town so if you want mainly track use then you may live with the fact that traffic jams and towns will be difficult. O it is a case of doing your homework and decideing the one that suits you driving requirements the best.

Guest mower man

While we're on the subject of zetec cams, any opinions of the best and best value fast road kits on the market?

Talk to Newman cams , I recently fitted their fast road cam to my pinto 2.1,it in a different world 144 at the crank and will pull from 1100in 5th , and also don't need the 20 mins at 2000 bit ,build it with graphogen, 200 mile run in and its done , phase 2 is their name for it HTH mowerman :crazy: :clapping: