How To Change Bulb On 2006 Vw Polo

agent_zed

Hi,

having trouble changing the bulb on the headlight as can't get hands in between the fuel filter and water bottle.

anyone know the correct procedure before i start dismantaling stuff.

I looked at removing the headlight but it is partially behind the grill so can't see that would work. can i remove the fuel filter holder? i am assuming they are captive nuts the bolts go in to.

this is really annoying me now.

any help appreciated

Hi,

thanks guys. managed it in the end. I did try youtube first but couldn't find the same model for some reason, although did find another car forum where the chap was just as frustrated and did remove the fuel filter holder.

In the end i managed to change it in the day when i had plenty of light to see what was going on. I am used to spring clips so this was a little odd for me. The biggest mistake i made was to remove the metal holder from the plastic part and put it back unside down. This meant the bulb was upside down so wouldn't sit into the light fitting. I was convinced i had it the right way though.

After checking the other side i finally could see what i needed to do.

To make it easier i loosened the 2 screws which are the bits that hold it (torq headed) as it was still massively difficult to get my hand in (bit of bruising on the back on my hand) and finally got it in. Then nipped up the screws a bit.

Not an easy side of the road job, should be a simple job anyone should be capable of doing, and not really practical if you are in the middle of france or something. So easy to put off things like this when they are difficult leading to people driving around in a potentially dangerous situation (i'd only changed the sidelight the month before - both on the drivers side). I've seen numerous cars with no lights on the drivers side!!

at least i know how it works now so hopefully a bit easier in future.

thanks

Guest 2b cruising

CAD owes a lot to human kind.

Every inch of space is used these days without true thought for ease of maintenance.

I remember working on cars such as the 60s Fords.

The problems with them were you could fall in the bonnet space,just attempting to reach over to work on the engine as it was so far away from the sides.

Quite often I used to sit on the inner wings of cars with my feet resting on cross members to work on engines.

This was even on relatively small cars such as the Vauxhall Viva. The fore-runner to the Astra.

Edited by 2b cruising