Lincolnshire Meeting For May

alanrichey

Now Stoneleigh is over it's time to look at the rest of May.

This month we have 'Horsepower at the Hall' on Sunday 22 May 14 ( at Doddington Hall (LN6 4RU). It's 14:00 to 17:00 so we will probably meet up at the pub for lunch first. I'll post a reminder with details nearer the date.

And some of us may be going to the Moira Canal Festival (http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=43321&hl=moira&page=1) on the same weekend. If you are going on the Saturday you can do both :)

Otherwise I will do my usual weather watch for the W/E 14/15 and 28/29. I fancy another picnic lunch at Rutland Water.

And an advanced date for June for your diaries. The annual Midsummer Fair at Castle Bytham (http://www.midsummerfair.co.uk/) is on Sunday 19 June. A lovely village show with all the usual things you would expect. Two years ago we pitched up with 10 cars and were made very welcome and I think everyone enjoyed it. Last year I was away so no-one went. This year I am back so let's try for a full turn out again :)

Al

Although it's only been a week since Stoneleigh, we can't waste the glorious weather we are going to get this Sunday. I know there is a 5% of a thunderstorm of biblical proportions but what is life without a bit of a risk :)

I'm going to take a picnic lunch to Rutland Water about 12:00 so if anyone fancies joining me come along for a chat and a wander around. We always use the Sykes Lane Car Park, (North East corner of the reservoir - https://goo.gl/maps/7ZHSW2pYdwx),so make sure you go to the right Car Park (it's the one with the signpost to the Tourist Information Centre), and make sure you drive right around the loop to find me as I can't predict how busy it will be and where the spaces will be. Last time we adopted a nice grassy hill near the exit, so I might try and get that again.

Cheers

Al

Guest Richard7

Wow Alan, the weather forecast for tomorrow is amazing. My girlfriend and I will be there. Just bought lots of nice food to take. See you tomorrow.

A small but very select band braved the heat and humidity and had a lovely picnic near the water. Thanks to those that came.

image_zpsklicxtrj.jpg

And no my number plate is not right-wing low, it's the camera angle :)

Guest ArthRev

Thanks for the invite, I just missed you - saw you driving out as I arrived - red Ducati - thanks also for the reply. Please let me know if other days out/meetings

• 2 weeks later...

As Ian has pointed out at http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=44145&hl='Horsepower at the Hall" has become "Gearheads at the Ground" and has moved South to the Newark Show Ground. Not technically in Lincolnshire any more, but like Rutland Water I have always regarded the Lincolnshire border as being fairly flexible and open to interpretation :)

At the moment the weather is looking OK so as long as it doesn't get any worse I intend to go. Can I have a show of hands for anyone else before I decide whether we will arrange an RV and/or meet up for a pub lunch before arriving in convoy. The event starts at 13:00.

Al

P.S. Forgot to mention there is now a £2 entrance fee,

Edited by alanrichey

Yes, huge turnout of cars of every type, I think they will need to find another, larger, field. Lovely weather of course which probably brought more out than normal They parked me next to a huge American recovery vehicle. Maybe dropping a hint :)

image_zpsszscuc0n.jpg

Al

Only a short run for me but typically got called out bang on one o'clock. Did see a couple of cobra and an RS focus as we were heading to Lincoln at 4pm. I will try to make the next one if they let mx5s in.