Brighton Classic Car Show, June 3Rd

nelmo

I thought I'd try arrange something down the bottom end of the country, for a change.

https://www.classicmotorshows.co.uk/brighton-motor-show

I'm happy to do a block booking and to plan a fun route down to Brighton from a convenient start point, if anyone is interested. It's worth going just to get free, allocated parking in Brighton :-)

I realise it's a long way for most of you and I'm not sure if we have many southerners on here (the members map shows quite a few) so I may be going by myself :-) but any interest?

• Like 1

Excellent, we'll have the world's shortest convoy :-)

My next door neighbour has just bought a Morgan replica, I'll try drag him out.

I'll get in touch nearer the time to arrange a meet-up time and place...

Argh, darn it...

My apologies but when I first read that website, I just saw 'free parking' and 'free entry' - turns out the 'free' parking is only if you're signed up to the London to Brighton run, which is £97.50 per car - not my idea of 'free' :(

To just park on Madeira Drive is £15, which is actually cheaper than the local multi-storey car parks.

So I still plan on going but I can perfectly understand if this is a show-stopper for others - let me know (Bob's) if you're still interested.

Why not organise our own run out along similar lines?

I actually did the London to Brighton run many years back. It was a bit of a shambles really, the route they picked

had others further back/forward criss crossing in tiny single lanes. & it must have been free or a nominal charge,

otherwise I wouldnt have gone.

It's all on Public roads so why not. Although way back in the mists of time when a passenger on a 1900 Steam Car the mid way point was in a shopping centre & some roads were restricted ( due I believe to our inability to climb the hill with-out getting out & pushing)

Will we need to advance book for Madeira Drive & suggested meet point Neil.

Yes, we will need to book and pay in advance, which is a bit annoying because the weather may make it rubbish. But I should have my doors finished by then (yes, sorry Bob T, I've only just found someone who can finish off the material side of it :blush: ), so I'll probably go no matter what the weather is.

I have actually tried to book today but the website doesn't seem to be working and no answer when I called the events company (although it does sound like a one-man band).

As to meeting point, depending on whether anyone else turns up, I was thinking of somewhere east of Winchester (maybe Loomies cafe on the A272?). Bob T, is that too far for you?

Rough plan (I'm not a morning person but we could start earlier if you prefer?):

1. 09:00 - Bob T could come to me first (about 20-30 mins from your house Bob T)

2. 10.00: Loomies for morning coffee and snacks :) and meet Bob F.

3. 10.30 - 12.30: To Brighton, just in time for fish and chips in the sunshine (ok, maybe I'm pushing it there)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob, I've been trying to PM you but the system wouldn't let me, for some reason?

I'm afraid it's not looking good - my father-in-law had to go into hospital and it looks like we will be going up to see him (Norfolk) on this June 2nd weekend. Not definite yet but looking likely...

Many apologies - I should have replied to this thread but kept forgetting...

If anything changes, I'll shout nearer the time...

Sorry guys, I now cant make this either.

I took my grandson for a trackday on Monday for his 21st birthday.

As expected, he finished off my Toyo 888s, he used a full tank of fuel,

so much so that we ran out just past Druids & had to be towed back,

but unexpectedly, the clutch is now showing signs of distress.

To be safe, before I go to France in early July, I will lay it up, remove the engine & box

& take the clutch to Helix to have it relined.

Regardless, the grin on his face was worth it!

I will post a link to the track photographers site, and to youtube where I will be posting the GoPro

footage.