3 Point Harness - Is This Normal?

FERRINO

Afternoon all,

I bought a pair of well used 3 point harnesses last week, (they were extremely cheap) - just in case I decided to change from the 4 point ones that I originally fitted .

I was expecting to see a metal buckle plate for the top harness point - instead its just the belt folded over a bit and stitched:-

20141028_201551_zpsf43e555d.jpg

20141028_201641_zps984ab250.jpg

20141028_201545_zpsf41491a2.jpg

20141028_201605_zps5de0593f.jpg

20141028_201615_zpsecc82f8c.jpg

Is this normal ie factory stitching - or is this something that's been modded/added? I can't quite see how it would work. Is it designed to be attached to a vertical bar running through it as I've tried to show with the long bolt in the last pic?

I've put the TRS 4 point ones back on for now - but need to know whether to sell these on or if there's a mounting trick I've missed?

Cheers

Tony

Cheers guys - that's kind of what I was expecting you to say. Oh well - good job I didn't pay too much for them. Need to learn to ask for better pictures next time before buying things. Thought it would be ok buying from a fellow car builder on Locostbuilders though, live and learn eh.

additionally if it did fit how you have it in the photos it is putting a much larger stress on the bolt than standard. A normal fitting would be maybe 5mm of bolt where as that has 30mm+ ? levering on your seatbelt mount. Wouldn't be so bad if the bolt was held each end. But as above not worth the risk. Use it for the odd job you need a piece of webbing for.

Guest Ian & Carole

Looking at the state of them they look well used and I would suspect that they are out of some kind of car used in motorsport, if you have a pair then probably a rally car and have had to be replaced as they are "out of date" for comp use as per MSA rules.

The lack of some kind of fixing as we expect might be due to them being fitted to a roll cage brace and not a direct mount.