Replacement Seats

e666

Hi Chaps and Chapesses

I saw these in Makro and thought I'd share with the group. Offer ends next Tuesday, but they seem pretty good - an Inch lower than the recaro's that came in the spec, so a bit of modification is needed, but at £99+vat a pair thats gotta be good

e

post-10-1136814549.jpg

Guest gavinc

sorry to be pain in the wotsit elwe...

but could you measure the width of the seat want to check they will fit in

superspec...

do they come with runners..

cheers

Guest Fred2b

The ad only lists red, blue, grey but the picture looks dark green, just what I want. Do you know if they are available in green? and can you lend me your Makro card???

Peter :p :p

Guest Phil_h

Gavinc,

I have some of these seats I bought off ebay with the £25 delivery I paid £150 and I think even at that price they are worth it. Don't have a marko anywhere near me so I'm not bothered about paying a little over the odds and having to pay for delivery.

Anyway they do have runners but they are a little wide. At their widest point they are about 22 inches. I have a 2B4 and having done a test fit without tunnel pannels they are going to be a tight fit although I think they will go in but they might not move !

The trouble is on mine the seat reaches its widest point as the cockpit start to narrow near the gearstick. I haven't had a good look yet so they may fit a little easier.

Phil

sorry to be pain in the wotsit elwe...

The seat swab is 55cm wide at the front but its soft and will squash in at leat a couple of centermeters. I believe people have had to do this to get them in a 2B.

The solid bit of the seat where the swab meets the back is 50cm wide.

They do have runners. The runners are 44cm outside edge to outside edge. i.e. across the seat.

The seat back is adjusted via a lever where the swab meets the back. Pull the lever and the back comes forward on a spring. Sit back in the seat to push it back. Release the lever when you have the right position.

The levers can be in the middle of the car or the outsides. You decide which seat is which. i.e. one has the lever on the right and one on the left.

I had to get up off the sofa and walk a whole 2 meters to measure that!

Any more mesurements you want?

Guest yosamite sam

i have a set of seats in my loft for sale - will suit a small person perfectly - im 6ft and they sit too tall for me by two inches.. would suit someone about 5'4" - 5'6"

i want 50 notes for the pair - they are black and in what seems imitation leather - i can dig out pics somewhere -

sorry to hijack your thread - thought it might help anyone looking...

:rolleyes:

i paid £90 plus vat at Macro and whilst tight have successfully fitted to my 2b4plus.

they come in red blue and grey.

Incidentally i popped into robin hood christmas week and they have a supply in stock from the same manufacturer selling for circa £150 for the pair. I let RH know they were on sale at macro for £90 +vat and they said that they paid more than this direct. So if Macro isnt an option RH may be able to supply.

Phil

Hi

I've bought them for my super spec - they fit, but like I said they are a little low. I'm going to mount them on some 1x1(ish) box section. They have runners, which are quite a bit shorter than those on the original recaro in the spec, so fabricating a brackety thing should be ok. Also the slots dont line up for the hjarness without it touching - I think I read somewhere that the SVA man dont like that, but you can always invert where the harness is mounted and have them come through the boot ... or wait til after SVA like I'm gonna....

I measured centres of the mounting holes at 49cm, and the inner edge of the floor pan holes are 48cm with outer edge 51(ish) - they'll have to be mounted with the tilt adjuster against the tunnel as it doesn't seem to want to go in with it on the outside (but maybe I need to push a little harder ? ;) )

No green I'm afraid!!! :(

e

HI all

just returned from a trip to RH, was in the area so called in on the off chance off

collecting a propshaft for a pinto superspec..

was told they could supply one then couldnt (they need the measurement

between diff flange and gearbox)... ...

so decided to purchase a pair of lovely bucket seats while there to save a trip to

makro... the seats are there sitting in the showroom in boxs with one on display

but amazingly they would not sell me any, and couldnt tell me how much they

would be..

obviously dont want my money then...

well i offered £150 cause i havent got a makro card..

but was told as they had just come back from xmas they didnt know if they were

for sale, or if they were how much to charge for them...

very weird!!