Sva Bits

enforcer

Guest Alan_builder

:o

Hi All,

Just prior to making a sliding pillock of myself, has the Mountney wheel changed? The one in our 2B/04 kit is SVA compliant. Was the one in earlier kits different? If not:-

It is quite clear to me some of the SVA Testers don't know that the Mountney wheel is SVA compliant a passes if the mounting screw heads are filled with silicone.

Inspector & Tester verified.

We should build a list of test stations & testers who fail the wheel.

We can then do one of two options:

1 Make sure those attending those stations / testers have a pad.

2 Make representation to SVA to have all Testers and Inspectors singing from the same hymn sheet.

The Sierra wheel was used at SVA because of the larger exclusion zone, for swithes etc, behind the wheel, not because the wheel was a failure!

Moderation?

I :wub: my RH

Guest Battery Bill
The one in our 2B/04 kit is SVA compliant.

How exactly do you know this if you used the Sierra one for your SVA ?

Our Mountney passed the SVA, we had a pad on but our SVA tester said it would only fail without a pad if the screws had not been filled in

(Ours had been filled in as well)

Best bet to fit a pad Richard :D :D

when i sva'd at chadderton the examiner ummed and arred about the mountney wheel then took the safe option of saying if i could provide evidence of compliance by producing a certificate or similar he would pass it on the retest.

so i thought stuff it i drove to the retest and swapped to the sierra wheel just down the road from the centre, had the test, got the big mac, came out stopped on the road again and put the mountney back on.

its only one nut and takes about two minutes and it passes

yeah i know its cheating but its worth it

steve

The inspectors at gosforth SVA centre will fail the mounty wheel with pad if it is not fitted to a collapsible boss. thay state that the collapsible part of the column is for a frontal impact. the sierra steering wheel is designed to collapse if hit from insde the car the moutney one is not .

Guest Alan_builder
How exactly do you know this if you used the Sierra one for your SVA ?

Simple Bill.

We never fitted the Sierra wheel! In fact we never had one!

We failed on the P clip bracket which holds the steering colunm in place, a very close examination of this area.

A Tester (examiner) and an Inspector took all day, if it was there it was tested!

Guest Battery Bill
We never fitted the Sierra wheel! In fact we never had one!

<_< <_<

What was this all about then?

The Sierra wheel was used at SVA because of the larger exclusion zone, for swithes etc, behind the wheel, not because the wheel was a failure!

the sierra steering wheel is designed to collapse if hit from insde the car the moutney one is not .

i cut my old ford wheel apart the other night, (i wanted the alloy hub part)

was suppirsed how little acutally holds the wheel to the hub

if i had made one myself it would have been far beefier

Guest Alan_builder

:unsure:

Richard (Robin Hood) said to use

Now I see your confusion, the above words should have prefixed the quote, but they seem to have dissapeared!