Engine Mounting Rubbers

Guest AWhite

Does anybody know where i can get the engine mounting rubbers. The bit that goes from the engine mount to the box on the kit. Don't get confused by the other mount in the photo it is just lying on the bench, they are standard Sierra mounts i think.

The car is a 3 series if that makes any difference:

d09e5e14.jpg

Thanks guys,

Andy

That doesn't look like any Sierra engine mount I have ever seen.

The sierra ones I have seen have all had a single bolt coming out the bottom rather than the mounting plate that one has.

Yes they are the same as mine from a 1984 donor - I've just put mine back in with the new engine as I struggled to get hold of them, luckily the chap who built my car renewed them (along with most other ancillary bits :D )when he built it and they've only done 7000 miles.

Looks like you had the same trouble as me getting the engine out - I could not lift mine clear of the mounts without the gearbox hitting the top of the tunnel, so had to unbolt them on the engine with it suspended on the engine lift. What a fiddle - particularly putting the engine in - don't want to do that too often!!!

Andy

Hi Andy,

Congratulations on the new baby by the way.

I split the gearbox from the engine and only took engine out. Reason i want to renew the rubber is i can't undo the nut cos the rubber is weak and the washer underneath is loose so it just jingles away like santas sleigh.

I know what you mean tho easier to take engine mounts off to take it out.

Managed to get hold of (not picked it up yet) a block made for an auto grass racer but never run with Mahle pistons +1mm, stroked crank to give 2.1, high pressure oil pump, lightened and balanced with competition con rod bolts. Just need to find a lightened flywheel and get that dowelled to crank to make me happy :D

See you at the area meet at end of Jan

Andy, they are the early sierra ones, they are/were still made and listed as cosworth and I think XR4, very expensive from Ford I am afraid and not sure if anyone else does them. :(

Peter.

there the same as mine 1984 xr4

Guest yosamite sam

judging by the majority of the post it seems like there can be problems getting hold of spare parts for some cars - wouldnt it be a good idea if someone started a new forum line for parts that are hard to get hold of - when someone finds where add it to the list.. could save a lot of time for someone searching.. just an idea.. :unsure:

just a thought, but if these early mounts are becoming rare and expensive could you not modify any others to fit.

this is a mini engine mounting

engine-mountings-standardjpg.jpg

maybe you could use the bottom 2 holes to bolt it in position, then fix a plate to the top - using some or all of the holes - that has a suitable size bolt(m10/12 can't remember) passed through it and welded in position.

the bolt head could sit in the slot on the top of the mounting and any height difference made up by packing with washers

these are only £3.50 a piece so not to expensive to experiment with

steve