Robinhood Exmo Mk2

Guest dazz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

I didn't go to sleep last night :p

thought about an early hours drive in the hood but thought it'd annoy the neighbours too much ;)

btw, i think i mis-interpreted the "production" point Jim made. So, Jim is saying the l/w should be listed as production in 2003, because RH might at some point (last month?) sell the one-off prototype they built in 2003?? i see

I'll say this in short sentences, to make sure that you can understand......... <_<

I DID NOT SAY ANTHING ABOUT "PRODUCTION"

YOU ARE THE ONE GOING ON ABOUT PRODUCTION YEARS, NOT ME! :gdit: :gdit:

I will include a photo of the "obvious difference" of the Lightweight, when I'm good and ready, also the date will stay as it is.

I will not be told by you when and what should go there!

I suggest that you try making your website more "viewable" instead of commenting on others! :angry:

Guest ScotMac

Fine Jim. I tried to be reasonable, by suggesting what i felt was a more correct date for the l/w, and also suggestting what are obvious updates needed for the l/w based on the fact that it is now *PRODUCTION*. Guess it is too much for you to understand, and you would instead rather just spout BS about how you are the lord of that site and how I should not be "telling" you how it should be updated.

Note, for the record, i never once "told" you what to do. I "commended" you on producing the site, and simply proposed that the site should be updated for the l/w.

Guest chris brown
you would instead rather just spout BS about how you are the lord of that site
May I respectfully suggest that you keep such comments to yourself as at the present you are coming across as a typical loud mouthed yank.

Guest ScotMac
typical loud mouthed yank

I suggest that you try making your website more "viewable" instead of commenting on others!

I'll say this in short sentences, to make sure that you can understand.........

This has nothing whatsoever to do w/ "yanks" vs "brits", and national slurs do not help the situation.

I suggested in a reasonable manner what i believe were quite reasonable updates to an "rhocar.org" site, and i get back the above.

I felt it was better for rhocar to have one RH identification site and i felt that site should be as up-to-date as possible, to avoid confusion. However, in response, all i have received is suggestions that i go off and do my own site.

Sure we could have 20 different RH ID sites, all putting out different information. If that is really what people think is best, fine.

Edited by Big Jim

Here is mine

Now I call that stealing! and I'm not best happy about it! :angry: I will ask you to delete it.

(handbag stowed, for now)

To educate you further to what I tried to do with the identification page, was to show the OBVIOUS difference, on the main type of Robin Hood cars that will be found on the road, or in peoples garages part built.

Up to the last few years, it's always been the suspension that has drastically changed from one model to the other, but on the lightweight, apart from the top shocker mounting, and headlight mounting, it's near enough the same as the wishbone 2B. This then does not make it the most obvious point, probably the most obvious point will be the 1,001 rivits that hold it together, but then again, maybe not, as I've no doubt people will cover / hide them, so until we see a few on the road, it'll wait!

Remember first of all, that page is not meant to be a history of Robin hood cars, it was for potential buyers / new owners to know just what model they'd bought 2nd hand, and as there aren't any lightweights on the road yet, that doesn't apply.

The list showed the diversity of different concoctions that RHSC had put together over the years, some as prototypes only, some into production, but they're all out there somewhere. 99% of the information came from a magazine article, and was originally supplied by RHSC.

Now if I were only to list them on the date that they went into "production" as is what you're implying, then 60% of that list just would disappear, including the Rager.

Guest docter fox

as an impartial observer (someone currently without an identification site :rolleyes: )

Scotmac, I'd say it seems your being very pernickety over a very helpful site, it's a guide for the 2nd hand buyer, and everyone who has bought one so far should be aware what it is, but at the end of the day, it's only a date, does it really matter? ;)

Guest ScotMac
Now if I were only to list them on the date that they went into "production" as is what you're implying, then 60% of that list just would disappear, including the Rager.

I guess we had a misunderstanding. I did not say, nor mean to imply, that we should only list the cars that went production...only that, for the cars that do go into production, they should be listed by the production date.

Yes, i know and agree the site is useful for prospective/new RH owners, intent on figuring what model a particular RH is. However, that exact usefulness is furthered by keeping the site up-to-date, and using production dates for the cars that actually do go into production. Listing a 2003 date for a car that will, other than one prototype, only have 2005+ models available does not further that usefulness.

Guest ScotMac
Now I call that stealing!

Yes...and unabashedly at that!!! ;) I never said i had any issue w/ the content for the other models, just the l/w.

Guest ScotMac
Up to the last few years, it's always been the suspension that has drastically changed from one model to the other, but on the lightweight, apart from the top shocker mounting, and headlight mounting, it's near enough the same as the wishbone 2B.

I agree that the 2b and l/w have some similiarities. However, i also agree that the top shock mounting is different, and i feel significantly enough different to differentiate the two. I also agree that showing the headlight mounting would help differentiate the two (i couldn't find a closeup of the wishbones that also showed the headlight).

And i don't think most of the l/w owners will cover up the rivets. The rivets being visible on the closeup of the wishbones further supports the wishbones as a fine differentiation point for l/w.

QUOTE (Big Jim @ Mar 27 2006, 12:46 AM)

Now I call that stealing! 

Yes...and unabashedly at that!!!  I never said i had any issue w/ the content for the other models, just the l/w.

Personally I don't care if you're not happy with it, but after publicly, and privately asking you to delete the link, as most of that webpage was from my website, you have still taken the high & mighty stance that you think you're entitled to do whatever you want with other peoples work, so I've removed it myself.

I would suggest that you start at the beginning and read your own posts, maybe you might then understand how this has escalated.