Robinhood Exmo Mk2

Guest dazz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stu205

Dazz, looks a very nice build dont worry about the guage reading backwards quick search will sort that out, if its your first hood 2 things first DONOT think you wont get addicted to them and second take a hoodie with you to have a look, theres nothing a hoodie likes more than poking round another build all you will have to do is let us know where you are! (and supply plenty of coffee and hobnobs!)

thanks everyone just got back unfortunatly without the hood,pics made it look a lot better than it was.

it pulled very badly left and bad clunking from the rear and chassis was rusting underneath.

i am probably just being to picky but i didn't think it was worth £3000.

think i am going to look in to buying a kit unless i find a good one soon.

i was put of building one myself because of what i had been told about the sva.

again thanks for all the help,next time i will try and get someone with more knowledge on the hoods to go with me,just to much of a rush this time.

Dazz how about Johns V8 monster.

There has been quite a few Hoods for sale on this site and at a cheaper than the building it yourself price. Plus they are known by other club members so you can get a feel for there value.

I am at the difficult (mentaly) stage of my build and the second hand ready SVA'd Hoods for sale looked very tempting especialy as i have already spent about the same.

Guest TerryBarry
I am at the difficult (mentaly) stage of my build and the second hand ready SVA'd Hoods for sale looked very tempting especialy as i have already spent about the same.

I know exactly what you mean :unsure:

Guest ScotMac
why does it bother you?, Lw was indeed supposed to come on sale then but it was put back due to problems with build and the sale of the company.

The dates are when the kits were first displayed,or marketed by RH

The site, as i understand it, is to indentify the different hoods on the road. Not to indentify that one prototype that RH had in 2003. I just think it would go more in tune w/ how the site is used if it listed just the production years of the models.

A list of models produced  by Robin Hood Engineering (now RHSC) is as follows. Some of them were one-off's and are unheard of out of the factory itself.

The above is the topic title from Jims site

and below is the closing comment on same topic

Please note: I take no responsibility for the accuracy of this list, it is only meant as an insight into the numbers of models that Robin Hood have produced over the years.(most of it is information from other sources)

It was probably wrote before the LW was released for sale, and i think it acuatly came from a magazine article about the factory and Richard Stewart

Mitch

The site, as i understand it, is to indentify the different hoods on the road. Not to indentify that one prototype that RH had in 2003. I just think it would go more in tune w/ how the site is used if it listed just the production years of the models.

Round spherical objects! :angry:

That page was put together for 2 reasons.

One, to show the easily recognisable variation between the models so that potential 2nd hand buyers know which model they're looking at, or have bought, as there was a lot of people buying cars thinking they were all the same.

Two, to show how many different models / prototypes Robin Hood have produced / attempted, that are known of. As for only listing those that go into production, RHSC isn't GM or Ford, and sooner or later even some of their one-off prototypes get put onto the road. (They had a sale not to long ago of a load of them, some have since been seen on E-bay)

Guest crwoodford

Daz,

Good luck with the search. It took me 5-6 months including 2 Kit Car Shows to finally decide on my 2nd Hand SUB K after seeing more than a fair share of lemons :o

I bought it in November 2005... but I quickly caught a dose of 'Tinkeritis', which is a slightly lesser form of 'Rebuilditis' (discussed elsewhere on this wonderful forum) and I dont think it will be on the road much before end of May!!

I have only driven it off the delivery flatbed and onto my drive... but still have a really silly grin :D on my face that I cant seem to get rid off (Not that I want to!)

The only advice I feel partially qualified to offer is..... take a look underneath to see if has a shortened sump! :D

Cheers

Col (Taunton)

Guest ScotMac
Round spherical objects! :angry:

That page was put together for 2 reasons.

One, to show the easily recognisable variation between the models so that potential 2nd hand buyers know which model they're looking at, or have bought, as there was a lot of people buying cars thinking they were all the same.

Two, to show how many different models / prototypes Robin Hood have produced / attempted, that are known of. As for only listing those that go into production, RHSC isn't GM or Ford, and sooner or later even some of their one-off prototypes get put onto the road. (They had a sale not to long ago of a load of them, some have since been seen on E-bay)

No, i am not saying only list the ones that go into production. I am saying for the ones THAT DO go into production, list them based on their TRUE production years.

And yes, i can understand/appreciate that the site came out before the l/w was production. However, why don't we (someone) update it, now that the l/w is production???

Guest salty_monk

You're playing with fire... that site is voluntary & as such gets updated on an as & when basis... it's bloody useful too so don't knock it...

You could run a similar page on your own site that you can update as often as you want though... :D

Guest ScotMac

You are completely right Dan. The site is useful, and the people that put it together should be commended.

I am just proposing that now that the l/w has been production for about 8 mos, we update it for the l/w.

I am more than willing to do the work. What i propose is that we put up a photo of the l/w front wishbones w/ a description of the aluminum monocoque design and we change the years to: 2005 - to date.

btw, i think i mis-interpreted the "production" point Jim made. So, Jim is saying the l/w should be listed as production in 2003, because RH might at some point (last month?) sell the one-off prototype they built in 2003?? i see. ;)