Swirl Pots

Guest micky bigthumbs

that's a swirl pot to deaerate water, is that what you intend to use it for? Or as a fuel swirl pot? it'll do the trick if if you can find connectors to reduce the size of the pipes.

WE ARE THE CHEAPEST ON THE NET

I don't think so! :(

I was looking for a remote swirl pot last week and came across this eBay seller. To be fair all the pots are expensive and for no good reason.

I wonder if you could make one with a baked bean tin?

I could do with one as well as Micky to stop my car cutting out on left hand bends if it is less than half full of fuel.....so if anyone does know of a good remote reasonably priced one.....post here!!!!

Andy

Guest Nishka
Excuse my ignorance.....But what is swirl pot? :unsure:

Isn't it that feeling you get from smoking those funny fags? :blink: :huh: :huh: :blink:

Not that I would know anything about that of course. :D

Nishka :ph34r:

Guest Battery Bill

I can't see any problem with making one out of a bit of Steel.

How much would be a reasonable price for a "Steel one with 2 outlets" ?

:D :D

PS We don't need one :lol: :lol:

Alloy Racing Fabrications were at Newark last year. Seemed well made and cheaper than the big boys.

If you make a swirl pot it will need four connections, 2 x 8mm and 2 x 6mm. (Some even need a 12mm pipe.)

There are in tank pumps with built in swirl pots now in many modern cars.

Nigel

i was looking for one for an electric pump for a turbo engine grim any advice on what and how where to fit it..ahhh its this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALLOY-FUEL-SWIRL-POT...oQQcmdZViewItem

yes, that one looks extremely nice, and would be perfect for a high performance application....

however, i have an injection engine without a swirl pot, and i seem to be operating perfectly fine without one! That maybe because i don't cane it around corners like others do, it might be because i have a reasonably long length of 15mm id fuel hose going between my tank and my fuel pump....

however, when i planned to fit a swirl pot, all i wanted was a container that would hold 1mile's worth of fuel. Just like steve in stockport, i bought a central heating system air seperator, and bought the required plumbing fittings to fit it to fuel pipe, a fantasticly simple job.

see http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/pro...products_id=267

All it needs is standard plumbing fittings to reduce 22mm to 15mm to 8mm. Easy peasy.

I bought mine for £1.50 off ebay, + about £2 for the fittings.

Guest salty_monk

The Golf GTI fuel pump has a built in swirl pot & filter & can be mounted remotely to the tank...

Can get them on Ebay for 20 quid or so... worth a look!!

:D

I'm making my own swirl pot (catch tank) at the moment, I have a standard RH tank and an injection engine.

I'm using an empty CO2 bottle from the MIG welder and am fitting 1/4" BSP air line connectors to it, the ally is thick enough to tap and a bit of thread locking compound will seal it (I hope :unsure: comments welcome).

It'll do the job and the connectors are only 75p each. :D Cheap as chips :p