2006 Newark Show

Guest nightracer35

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home safe and sound but reeking of oil. Pulled in to Strensham with the fuel gauge reading E. Took 29.84 L to fill up the 30 L tank. Oooh, close shave.

Then the rocker box gasket let go, oil dribbling down the back of the engine, blowing down the tunnel and up through the gear and handbrake holes which are still untrimmed. Reduced speed to 60 and held hat over hole. Not more than a litre lost over the journey but most of it ended up spattering round the interior of the car. Got me home tho after a great weekend.

Nice to meet some new faces, Jamie, Eric, Grizzly (thanks for the VG chart) and Ron and see a lot of the old boys. Had a couple of beers and Dave Castle produced a cup of tea both mornings (how good is that?) and Les and I had a wicked curry in Newark after driving round and round for about three hours trying to find somewhere safe to park and safe to eat (Bandit country or what?) and we all had a think about Tims beast and decided to kill ourselves!

Basicaly just a quiet weekend with good company and a bit of a drive.

Nigel

Now I just need a cup of tea and I'll be right!

A big thank you to Grizzly and Big Lee for pointing out the stall where I bought my new Cortina steering rack for £25. After finding they were as rare as rocking horse poo it was a nice suprise. It's all fitted now. Anybody want a knackered old one?