2006 Newark Show

Guest nightracer35

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Quarks7

Hi Guys & Gals,

It was good to put faces to few names! Next time I might even stay sober enough to remember you the next time we meet? :p

I joined the Big Lee sunburn club too but didn't realise it until I got into the bath and the water made that noise you get if you put a white hot horseshoe into a bucket of cold water :wacko:

Got home without issue apart from being shouted at by some baseball cap wearing Chav for not indicating to turn left when he was waiting to cross the road. So when I got home I checked and he was right. I'd got no front indicators apart from the side repeaters :( Well they work but they'r about 1/2 a candel power. So I guess I have a bad earth. Still that'll be something to play with this week. That and the chunk of carpet that detached it'self from the transmission tunnel and wrapped it'self aroung the clutch pedal just as I was trying to slow down from Mach1 for a roundabout :( "Oh the joys of Hood ownership eh!" :D

See ya'll at the next piss up (Sorry I meant car show) B) :p B) ....... Jez

Guest Dredd

Oh, yeah and to cap off a great day, my clutch cable snapped outside the showground (lucky I carry a spare!). Fixed that, fuelled up and set off South. On the M25 came across a nasty RTA; stopped and did what I do, HATO's turned up nice and quick followed by unifrom traffic; eventually got home to a nice cold Fathers day beer!!

Guest rusty

went up on the Saturday sounds like I missed a good day Sunday,, still quit a lot of hoods there bought a few bits well just a couple of stainless nuts and bolts, didn't think much off the RHE stand they seem to be pushing evrything else except the 2b and Superspec judging by the quality of cars they had on display,weather briliant got roasted going home.

PS Well done Will.

Guest docter fox
Tracey also had fun despite not being able to neglect her revision for too long(society exam soon :o )

I've got one tomorrow and one on wednesday ;)

next time I MUST stay for the photoshoot! :wub: :rolleyes: :D

Guest chris n's missus

thoroughly enjoyed my first Newark show. hope to camp next time. met Ian's friendly dog, saw Big Lee's sunburn and heard the tale about the steering rack (ouch) and enjoyed seeing lots of lovely hoods out in the sunshine.

Guest richlloyd

since Ian and Clive have taken ove many changes have been made! this has to be the best!!!!!

newark005.jpg

and just incase this didnt work

newark005.jpgnew staff

Big thanks to Rory who knew the answer to every question asked all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Vic & Wendy

:lol: Wendy and I would like to say a big thank you to Tim & Sue for inviting us to join the crowd on Saturday night we really had a good time, there were some real characters amongst them ( Oscar was very entertaning as well ). Also one very big thank you to Andy and Amanda for coming to our rescue and blowing up our bed :p ( bloody cigar lighter socket packed in ).

Whilst we were in Newark we called in on a club member, 21 year old Edward who is building a 2B/4 the same as ours and boy is he making a brilliant job of it. We are looking forward to seeing it finished ( the amasing thing is he is building it with his brother Robert in between terms at University).

Just to pick up on what another member has said about not knowing who the hell your talking to at these shows' i have printed a business card size " hello card" which I unfortunately left in the car whilst walking around the show ( plonker ), if anyone is interest I'll see if i can post a piccy.

Once again thank you to all those that took time out to talk to us and made us feel welcome it made the trip up from Gosport well worth the effort ... see you all at Harrogate ( hopefully with our beast )

regards

Vic & Wendy

Another great weekend,

first chance to post after working Sunday night, Monday afternoon and this afternoon.

Missed Miss Newark on Sunday :boohoo:

But had a good drive back with Nigel even though I missed a turning.

Nigel was sweating about his lack of fuel by the time we reached the services.

But now I know what a fish supper is and a feastie after talking to Turbo.

Oh, and by the way there are called rolls down here :p

Les

Wasn't worried that much (lies like a flatfish). On refilling I found there was 0.16L still in the tank. Easily enough for another mile! :o

Must get that mapping done. Les still had over 1/4 tank left and was planning on another 60 miles without refilling.

I miss the fuel economy of the dellorto's, Jim! :D

Nigel