Sva Pass At Chelmsford!

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

I've just got back from my re-test at Chelmsford with a pass!! :D Going to go down my DVLA office a little later a try and get the registration!! :(

My examiner though said i needed to get the car MOT'd and provide the DVLA with an MOT cert? :huh: Has anyone had theirs registered, providing all the docs the requested but with no MOT cert? I dont recall seeing it on the list of things i have to take.

Well done.

I'm pretty sure the current rules do not require MOT for registration although an unofficial one at your local station may reassure you on any worries. You can ask the local DVLA to check with Swansea if they ask for one. Down side of an official MOT is that once the car has had one the computer will ask for one when you retax annualy. Current regs say you don't need one on a kit car for three years.

(However, all the rules seem to be constantly reinterpreted, localy and centraly.)

Nigel

Guest Andy Hamilton

I have my SVA at chelmsford next week and have already done the DVLA bit. They DO NOT require an MOT. They have seen all of my documentation and now only require the MAC and my money. They have quite clearly crossed out the MOT part.... I will post a pic in a minute.

Andy

Guest Andy Hamilton

Yeah it will be good to see your car scott. You must be chuffed (probably out driving right now!!)

I finally plan on going Paul.... finally get to meet the essex crew ;)

Only in the tin top though. :(

should be in the hood next time :D

Guest scottie686

Thanks very much for your replies everyone. :) I managed to get my registration!! I took a drive to the DVLA office, and after having to drive home again cos i forgot my wallet!!! :rolleyes: walked away with my new registration!! :D They were happy with me not having an MOT cert!! Do i not need an MOT now for 3 years?

I wouldn't mind popping by Sunday, but I'll be without the car cos I've already started getting the car ready for paint and the engine transplant!! :huh: (it's amazing what can be done in an afternoon!!) I bought the car off a guy who had lost interest and it looked a real state, and to add insult to injury the little 1300cc x-flow just has no 'poke' to it what-so-ever!! So, my plan was to finish it to SVA standards and then look to to changing the engine to my brothers old stg 2 pinto which came out of his 3a, along with the following;

Replace the swept wings with carbon cycle wings.

Replace and widen the rear wings (managed to get the last pair of carbon rear wings from Robin Hood!!)

Change engine and install twin 45's (weber)

Replace dash and re-trim! (horrible foam padding covering at the mo!!)

Change rear lights (domed)

Fit F1 mirrors

Fit 17" wheels

Prep body for paint

then finally up to my brothers workshop for a few coats of paint and clearcoat!!

So she should keep my busy for a while yet!! :lol: