Sva On Tuesday

Guest tom2b

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tom2b

Right, im back. Just unloaded the car and put it in the garage ready to work through my tiny list of failures.

I found the tester to be very fair and knowledgeable and did everything he could to help me pass.

My list of failures:

1 Drivers side rear left seat mounting bolt fouling one of the many bolts that attaches the right angle iron under the car.

Cut head of bolt off and fit washer to seat bolt.

2 Indicator and brake fluid/handbrake warning lights too dim.

It looks like someones fitted white lockwoods on to the orignal black dials, so try removing this if its there and/or fit brighter bulbs.

3 On front suspension The ROBINHOOD SUPPLIED bolts that mount the wishbones are too short.

Fit longer bolts! - cant believe i missed these

4 Speedo bounces after 40, but readings were accurate up until this point

Re route cable-again

5 Front brake pipes just touching coilover spring on one side and touching wishbone on the other side

Slacken off and move out of harms way

All in all not a bad result, test was over in 3 hours!

Guest Phil Slater

Well done...................... and commiserations Tom.

But not a big list and it looks relatively straightforward to sort out. I'ts just a fair old hike back up to Exeter from St Austell :( isn't it? Though if your re- test lands on a good day- weather wise-you could do what I did and actually drive the car up :) :) It makes it all worth while ;)

Phil

Guest tom2b

I may even make a start on the list now! Im definately driving the car back up even if it isnt the best weather, im insured as of july the 5th will rig up a trpaulin type surrey if the weathers crappy!

Guest Jaffer

Well done Tom, that's not a bad list :D

Warning lights too dim... not heard that before, [or read that bit of the SVA manual either!].... :wacko:

Wishbone bolts, they have to extend 2 or 3 threads past the nut or something don't they? [Never really sussed why, but rules is rules!]

Good one Mate, like Phil says its a long way up to Exeter for you..... but it likely to be even further on the way back ;) :lol:

Grah.

Guest tom2b

Started looking at the dish, but after realising id been focused on the car since 5am and i had a better offer (girlfriend came over) i gave up half way through. Will continue properly tomorrow evening.

Jaffer being an engineer you should know why the bolt should have two/three thread showing past the nylock, its because the nylock is tapered and doesnt secure properly until this point :p

My warning light really was takingly the mickingly too dim, if i cant sort it ill buy some proper ones and add them to the dash. Lol i may even take in Truro DVLA on the way back!