Small Alternator

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

In the midst of fitting a Cosworth Turbo into my brother's 3a and after provisionally setting the engine, turbo, mounts, alternator etc in place have found that there is no easy route, in fact, no route at all for the steering column as the alternator is too big!!

Can anyone recommend a suitable (if any!!) replacement, just a lot smaller!?!? Even with making a bracket to move the alternator up, like i had to do on my 2b, is very limiting as the turbo isn't far away!! This still wont create much room, but a smaller alternator, just half the calories should be just the ticket!!

Thanks.

Scott.

;)

try one of the smaller Japenese cars, charade somthing like that, or if you can find one a bedford rascal, there much smaller

just seen this, expensive but you can see the size compared to the starter

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A040-Suzuki-Baleno-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

Mitch

• 3 weeks later...
Guest golfgtidarren
In the midst of fitting a Cosworth Turbo into my brother's 3a and after provisionally setting the engine, turbo, mounts, alternator etc in place have found that there is no easy route, in fact, no route at all for the steering column as the alternator is too big!!

Can anyone recommend a suitable (if any!!) replacement, just a lot smaller!?!? Even with making a bracket to move the alternator up, like i had to do on my 2b, is very limiting as the turbo isn't far away!! This still wont create much room, but a smaller alternator, just half the calories should be just the ticket!!

Thanks.

Scott.

;)

Scott

Ive got a John Dere alt on my car-- its mega tiny and works a treat !!

If you want a pic cy just shout

Darren :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott I have fitted a small alternator to my Pinto have a look at work in progress 3 on my web site,

RobinHood2BRebuild@groups.msn.com

Have tried to attach a couple of picks for you.

Regards

maca

Edited by maca