Rear Arches

Guest kleighton

Guest kleighton

Hello all,

I've got a 2B and want to know if I can use full grp rear wheels arches. I've got the mild steel plates that curve to fit the grp outers to create the rear arch. The one problem is I am missing the grp outers.

Instead of using these I would like to have the full grp arches. Can this be done, and does anyone know where I can get a pair from if it can.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers

Keith

Hi Kieth

You can buy the full arches from RH, ala Spec type, but theres a place in Carnforth that do Fibreglassing, maybe they could make you a pair to suit

i will try and find a link

this guy from Blackpool

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYCLE-WINGS-SUIT-CAT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Cant find Carnforth guy, but if you find the Eagle Jeep manufacturer, its the same place

HTH

Mitch

mine is an early 2b, with full width arches, and they need a lot of work to make them fit, and even then it isnt great. the rear panel is diferent too

back panel on mine has square folded edges, yours is radiused??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark kingston
mine is an early 2b, with full width arches, and they need a lot of work to make them fit, and even then it isnt great. the rear panel is diferent too

back panel on mine has square folded edges, yours is radiused??

my 2b was also supplied with the full fiberglass rear wings as dave and i can agree with dave they are a real pig to fit as they where left overs from earlier models and where never designed to fit the 2b chassis.

regards

Mark kingston

Guest kleighton

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I haven't found anyone that does them for a good price or anything. I was just weighing up my options before I go ahead and buy the grp outers.

I've got the mild steel inners and I was wondering whether the full grp ones would fit before I sand all the rust of them and paint.......

Cheers again, looks like I'll get the grp outers then.

Keith.