Sliding Pillar

Guest gdc

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the input

have now driven the pillock! and its a bit bumpy but its not as bad as i thought it would be ,

it will be ok till i get the b lls to hack the bits off and buy some new bones

chears graham

Guest salty_monk

:D Yes they're ok, for the road.

If you get a chance, have a go with the big spacers to move the front wheels out of range of the bottom of the suspension.

Will be interesting, wider track & more suspension movement will result.

Morgan use the Sliding pillar arrangement & have done forever so it's not all bad...

Dan :)

Morgan use the Sliding pillar arrangement & have done forever so it's not all bad...

Except Morgan didnt try to do it with recycled 15 year old mot failed Sierra bits.... :p :p

Seriously tho, RH's sliding pillar is fine for normal driving on normal roads, but....

I have tried both setups on normal roads & on track & wobbly wishbones are definitely better....

Bob

The tyre does run very close to the spring on a pillar. There is almost no play in the setup, so any clearance, no matter how small, is OK. You can fit small wheel spacers (mine were 5mm) to increase it. Try & set up the camber both sides identical, you will probably have to cut/grind the slots larger to do it.

forgotten the joys of 15 year old plus sierra bits

got myself 2 front hubs for when i do the wishbone conversion, and managed to wind the heads off both strut clamp bolts! :wacko:

glad i am not gonna cut the sliding stuff off till next year!

dave