Detling Kit Car Show

cairnnut

Hi John,

There's always a fair smattering of Hoods at Detling.

I'll be there as well as 3 others I know for sure.

The show is very good on accessories, but a bit short on

manufacturers. I gather this year there's also a chance to

sprint your own car...I'm in!!

It's always B***DY freezing perched up on top of the hill,

so take the thermals.

Hope to see you there,

Bob.

Thats a possible then. Longest journey so far is 140 miles and I was deaf for two days after. I'm always totaly gobsmacked when Jim comes down to Exeter from his home in the arctic circle. And Le Mans! Maybe its living in Plymouth. You can't get much more super soft southern than that. Mind you, our Adrian (local sec) has been to Spain in his!

Nigel

I went to Detling last year. It was my first outing after passing the SVA. There were about 15-20 hoodies there if I remember right, not very many manufacturers (not even Banham and they come from Kent!) but a good selection of spares and novelty stalls (twin sparks, polish sales, etc).

With having a mini fuel tank and sender in my hood, I did not know how accurate my fuel gauge was and managed to run out of fuel on the M40, about 5 miles from home. The prettier half had to come and rescue me with a spare tank. It turned out the sender is extremely accurate and I always carry a spare gallon of fuel now!

If the weather is nice it is a good run out.

ps I have never seen so many Cobra replicas in one place before - there were hundreds. Must be all the money down south.

Daz

Guest Rob Walters

I went to the Delting show last year, I thought it was well attended, there were a lot of Lotus 7s, Robin Hoods and similar. The was the event that made my mind up to buy a Hood (a few weeks later I bought one). I should be driving down from Reading on either the Saturday or Sunday. Look forward to seeing the other Hoodies there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pilch

Not a bad little show last year but it did seem to be a turn up and park alongside a.n.other kit show so may be worth meeting up en route and arriving en mass. I'll be going if i've sorted my fuel pump probs.

Always a blast coming back through the Dartford tunnel as well :p :rolleyes:

Richard Sumner

North herts

Guest chris

Ref meeting up to arrive on mass (?).

According to my list of dates from the club (southern area) we are meeting @Clacket lane services on Sunday April 6th at 9.am.I hope I havent got my wires crossed but I intend to be there in my Hood

chris page

Guest mickmellors

Tim Norman, the Club Chairman offers his apologies, he will not be able to go to Detling but Pete Knight and myself will be making the 210 mile journey accompanied by John White and Graham Holdway for both showdays representing the Club Committee.

For those who have not been to Detling before (myself included) I have added a link to Multimap.com which should get you there. Open it up and print the maps off for reference on the journey.

We will have a Club get together at 12 noon and 2pm on both Sat and Sun so please come and introduce yourselves and put faces to the names of your new RHOCaR Committee. We will be holding a free raffle for (paid up) members only at 2:00pm on both days. Tickets will be given out at approx 1:55pm and the draw take place at 2:00pm or very soon after. You have to be there to claim your prize or we draw again.

Membership renewals will be welcomed - do it before the raffle and get your tickets before 2pm

European Kit Car Show

Sat 5th & Sun 6th April 2003

Kent County Showground - Detling - Nr Maidstone - Kent

Venue map can be found at -

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=5...000&coordsys=gb

Just click on the address above and when the multimap page opens up you can zoom in and out at different map scales to see exactly where to go. THE VENUE IS IN TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE MAP AS IT OPENS.

I spoke to John Cook, the organiser just yesterday (Sat) to see if there was any remaining space available inside and unfortunately there is not, so cross your fingers for good weather, we are all going to be outside.

There is no system for booking a pitch at Detling Show so we will be staking a claim on friday evening as soon as we arrive. Unfortunately, of course, I wont know where we will be until we arrive.

We will put up the RHOCAR flag so that it is there for Saturday - it is red letters (RHOCAR) on a yellow flag. We will hopefully have a tent and 2 gazebos for shelter if it does rain.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as can come, see you at 12 and 2 for the meets.

Best Wishes and Safe Journey

Mick Mellors - Derby

RHOCaR Events & Promotions Secretary