Lightweight

Guest gdc

Guest zoomzoom

Scotmac.............. That is how my wishbones went in... one handed using fingertips :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Did you see the post on bump steer I, did looks good but is hard to measure at the dead centres when it is all fitted together.

Marcus

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zoomzoom

Graham,

Just when you thought there was light at the end of the tunnel.. it was just me making more work for you!!! :ph34r:

Invert and rotate as the old fighter pliots say................ :o

Not sure it will make much of a difference as the bracing on the w/bone is going in the correct direction and apart from the shock brk the bones are the same???

Guest ScotMac

Oh, Marcus is correct. Graham, since you not only turned them upside down, but also reversed them left to right, the geometry should be ok!!! ;) Actually, i am not joking. ie, since you put it on w/ the diagonal support on that wishbone pointing outboard on the car, your geometry is going to be the same as if you put it on the "right" way. So, if you don't want to, you probably don't need to "fix" it. Good excuse to drink the scotch, though!!! ;)

Marcus, sorry...i now see your steering rack reply. You said that everything matches up w/ my measurements, other than the 209mm vs 205mm, right? So, does that mean that the upright measurements are the same (ratio of 1 1/3" to 7 1/4")? If so then your steering rack pivot point should be 1.6" "up" from a line drawn between the center of the bottom chassis side wishbone mount points. Hmmm...so, it may be a tad high (if it is currently 2" above the line). Don't know how much difference .4" will make though...especially considering that moving the rack "down" a bit would require you to move it forward a bit, due to the rack mounting on *top* of the rack support piece (as opposed to *below* it for my lhd rack).

BTW, i haven't tried it, but i hear you can check your bump steer by taping a laser to the front of your tire, and then moving the wishbones up and down through the normal suspension travel. If there is no bump-steer, the lazer should draw a straight line on the wall. Sounds like it would work!!! ;)

-sm :)

didnt do it (wasnt me)????????????

left the top rear bones as fitted ,the worst its going to do is slightly change the angle of the shock ,

fitted the new webbers that parcel force delivered to me instead of marcus?

had to alter the throttle pull or have a bonnet bulge cos the new one to high

re fitted all the suspension except the shocks , cos i am waiting for the bushes ,

tested the electrics got a couple of small probs 1 bad earth and the lights will only work on side or flash so the earth switch between the colum switches not conected

brake light on off side has become an indicator????????

engine turns over (thats a result )

cockpit fully trimmed ,some guages working.

got a prob with one of the new front sus brackets ,i may have to take it of and re drill it cos the last top bone bolt wont fit bast d to do with the engine fitted !!!!!!!!!!

but in all a good we/end

regards graham

Guest zoomzoom

Enjoy my carbs Graham :D :D

Have now finished the kitchen floor, garden decking, shelves, and all other 'little' jobs I was

being pestered to do, so have the next 3 days to play with my car!! :D :D

Graham if you need any held with electrics let me know, just have a large supply of fuses on hand and maybe a extinguisher as well :huh:

Marcus

hi marcus

the bears are doing well, apart from you watching them work and taking the odd photo ,what part of this build are you doing???????????????????????

perhaps you should be nominated for an oscar in the directors catagory,

excelent idea for the build site,well done.

graham