Lightweight

Guest gdc

hi ian

the engine is burton with fast road cam all lightend and ballanced ,

on the 40 delorto carbs it was dynoed at 140 bhp ,

since changed to 45 webbers ,the exaugst is not the best and after sva if it passes i will have a custom one made

regards graham

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rimexboy

Wow sit back and get drunk now graham, that looks the dogs boll***s i think great finishing trims, dials and dash look the nuts, wheel is fab blue trim is great :D :D :D

i could go on and on you have both worked very hard tell the other half to press PLAYER ONE START on the playstation.... :p :p :p

Well credit to you both for sticking with it you have the determination to get it on the road and i am sure you will..

regards simon

Guest ScotMac

Hey Graham, it looks great. Congrats on all the amazing work. Gives me great incentive to get out there and complete mine!!! :)

Lot's of questions (ignore them if you want):

- Have you checked out the suspension? How's the bumpsteer? Does it self-center?

- It looks like the scuttle is stainless...did you have a problem w/ the aluminum one? Or is it just the reflection and a great polish job?

- What size are your AVO's? I was looking to make the switch yesterday, and mine appear to be too large. :wacko: Especially if i also switch to bracket, instead of the "butterfly". :blink:

Cheers, -sm

hi scott

no probs this side of the water ,

self centre and bump steer ,

the drive as you can see gives no room to test also the front carbs seem to be starved of fuel ,so no test yet

the scuttle is the origonal alloy ,and my son in law danny took 3 hours to do it !

the avos were purchaced through gbs and rj hall i think would give you the spec ,

regards graham

re the bottom front brackets also the top new mounts are all ok

the bottom schock fixing had to be reduduced to fit within the bracket , that is the bottom shock bush thickness

thanks all

the good wishes are appreciated ,your views on the car are also appreciated the problems assiciated with building the car twice have mainly been sorted ,however there have been probs and 1 or 2 of the panals have suffererd from the abuce required to split the bonding .

once the carb problem is sorted and the invoice for the diff has come to light i will apply for my build up check and then ending with sva , i have tried to finnish the car to a good standard so as to give the best impression posible to the sva inspector .

i am going to apply to vosa to regester as rhsc lightweight mk 2.

i am happy to share any info relating to the rebuild with anyone however it must be on the condition that

the recpitatants are aware that non of the mods to date are tested .

regards graham

Guest ScotMac
hi scott

no probs this side of the water ,

self centre and bump steer ,

the drive as you can see gives no room to test also the front carbs seem to be starved of fuel ,so no test yet

the scuttle is the origonal alloy ,and my son in law danny took 3 hours to do it !

the avos were purchaced through gbs and rj hall i think would give you the spec ,

regards graham

re the bottom front brackets also the top new mounts are all ok

the bottom schock fixing had to be reduduced to fit within the bracket , that is the bottom shock bush thickness

Wow...tell him great job on the polishing!

Drive looks plenty large to me...besides, looks like you have racetrack behind those wooden gates...or, atleast, the full paddocks for one!! :D

HI SCOTT

i have told danny his hard work has been appreciated,

re the race track i wish !the back garden is about half an acre sounds good except its her indoors domain ,

plus thers no way to get acar through the second set of gates , leads to apatio then the rest of the garden ,

regards graham

I do not have a problem just did not look at page 7 so dont get shirty chill out seeing as you are chomping at the bit i will not comment on your build ................................