Bike Carbs On A Pinto

Guest red7

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest invalidboy

VW style G-lader superchargers are efficient and small units, but they wear terribly compared to Eaton and Shorrock chargers... rebuilds at around 60k miles.

As a whole VW has fine build quality, but IMHO the design of the G-lader encourages wear, and the American system does look very similar.

At £3500- £4000 a pop I'd want real longevity... the similar design suggests not.

I'm putting in a Zetec with bike carbs that have been rejetted etc. However I have not got any trumpets or air filters with the carbs. What have anoyone done in the past? At the moment I have nothing and have had a look around for some options and found nothing. Any suggestions?

I have got a Pipercross 600 series filter, depending on your carb spacing you could possibly use the smaller 500 series. My filter is too deep for the hood so i need the shallow one 90mm outside depth but if your manifold is curved upwards the deeper filters will go above the side rails.