Car Finished Bar A Few Lost Donor Bits.....

Guest Gregs

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can come to my rescue - have completed my car this weekend to the point where I am happy to go to SVA (did I say happy??), but need a couple of bits and bobs lost from my donor :( and as my scrappie has no Sierra in, I thought I might try here in case anybody has a spare they might be able to pass on:

1. Hazard lens cover (top of steering wheel) are all Sierra ones the same?

2. Clip for throttle cable to carb extension bar - don't even know what this looks like, but it's definately missing!

3. If anybody has a single Zimmeride rear damper...... mine is leaking before even turning a wheel!! :(

If anybody can help on any of the above, please shout!

Cheers,

Greg

errr..... square with round ends??, the actual switch bit is square with a round top.

Thanks,

Greg

i have a complete switch here somewhere. am sure they changed shape at some time, i know the cowl around the switch was different, not sure on the actual button differnce though

Early sierras had the square hazard switch and took full load through the switches, later sierra switches had the round hazard switch and need relays or the indicators and light switches fry under full load.

Both sets of column switches are interchangable but you must have the relays for the more modern switches. Either cowling can be used with a little modification but the cowl for the adjustable steering column usefully covers a lot of the sharp bits under the dash.

Early sierras had the square hazard switch and took full load through the switches, later sierra switches had the round hazard switch and need relays or the indicators and light switches fry under full load.

Both sets of column switches are interchangable but you must have the relays for the more modern switches. Either cowling can be used with a little modification but the cowl for the adjustable steering column usefully covers a lot of the sharp bits under the dash.

Ok - thanks guys. Stalks are in place & working, it is just the Hazard Lens that I am missing. Donor was an E reg. Will take a picture of the hazard switch without the cover in case anybody has one.

Thanks again,

Greg

• 2 months later...
Guest klaxon

I have a pair of 2B+ rear zimmers. (I changed to gaz) They have an eye at the top and a threaded pin at the bottom.

Beer tokens plus postage will secure.

Guest klaxon

If your throttle cable has a white plastic piece on the end with a square hole in it, then it should fit over a square rubber grommit thingy. If it's the grommit that you want I can mail one to you.

Guest crimewade

if the rear zimmers are not required...... have muchos beer tokens here, ive got nothing left of my doner now..... it was a do or die thing with a heap of bits before christmas.... i do have the stainless tunnel top left over from the kit if any one needs one.....

Guest crimewade

i used the sierra springs on the rear, and as i step across the body tub with drill and big hammer gently putting it together,i get sea sick !! its like walking on a diving board, and if i jack the rear up to compress the said springs, it starts to resemble a dragster,on that much of a slant it looks like its doing a zillion miles an hour with the garage door shut :lol: