Barkston Heath Dates 2007

Guest John Walton

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Steve Allen

dont forget the best part: camp the night before, eat all of Tim's food, get drunk "as normal" then drive around Barkston with a bad head, go very slow and blame everything on the car for being lapped. my excuse on the last three occasions anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont knock banger racing....its where I started motorsport....

it teaches you car control on (back then) a shale track;

anticipation, looking across the oval to judge where to position the car coming out of the corner;

how to cause a collision (bizarrely this also teaches you how to avoid one!), and then on to hot rods & stock cars.

All essential skills for the M25.... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Steve Allen

Thanks Sue, wasn't pushing just thought as there was only 4 weeks to go I may of missed out and not receieved the mag, on a differenr note, how's the old mans car going now! will he be attending at Barkston in it,

Steve

Guest charlie
hi tim pencil me in for 2 cars and poss 3 extra drivers, as per last year, we are probably camping over,

but will need to get the cost to the extra drivers sorted, can yobook us in,

ta.malcolm (southern hoodies) may 12th

Guest Steve Allen

Tim. No i really dont know..After your reply i did a search to reveal what you have done, main thing is your okay and have not lost your sense of humour, <_< good excuse to spend more money on your pride and joy. at least the shows are coming up which makes a little bit easier for obtaining parts etc. If your camping at Barkston i'll supply you with a few beers and of coarse tell you some more Welsh tales, isinit!

Steve

Edited by Steve Allen