Trevs Old Lightweight For Sale

Guest DRC7

started on the tralor over the week end

got as far as boxing in the front end at the point the body starts to turn in at the front.

fitted the s7 rear arches

turned the thing over and trying to fabricate the supports for the indespention units

was going to fit full wishbone suss buti had the indi units here and it seemed easier.cos i would have to make another set of bones.

when i get it on its wheels i will post some pics.

looks different !

i take it there are laws preventing the fitment and use of seats in a tralor.(enforcer)????????????????

regards graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have done it again ,that ebay thing .

its a lightweight and its in wales.

in my defence though i needed some bits for the one that i am building for my son in law ,and this was the cheapest way to do it ,

needed a scuttle ,bonnet, and a nose cone .

they were all damaged beyond repair .

regards graham

Guest diyer
well i have done it again ,that ebay thing .

its a lightweight and its in wales.

in my defence though i needed some bits for the one that i am building for my son in law ,and this was the cheapest way to do it ,

needed a scuttle ,bonnet, and a nose cone .

they were all damaged beyond repair .

regards graham

Graham, you are becoming a collector of aluminium!!!!

Guest chris brown

Simon what’s with "becoming a collector of aluminium" He's addicted to the stuff someone’s only got to whisper “Lightweight” and he’s there like a ferret with a rabbit. :p

i do have to say that my place is starting to look like a graveyard for sevens,

but if all fails i can always weigh in the ally.

i need to sell the 2b and i may stick it on ebay in the next few weeks .

her indoors ant going to be pleased cos her slk is comming out of the garage ,but as she dont know that yet i ant getting any ear ach yet!

of to the depths of wales tommorrow hope the weather ant to bad .

regards graham

ps simon i just found the email looks good!

[hi simon

youl be safe enough .

i picked up the lightweight kit from wales today, nice guy called mike sorted all the bits out and then i asked why he had abandoned the build ? he was very upset and to the point of smashing up the kit at one time the rhsc and gbs thing had it seems got to him and he was totaly disillusioned with the situation,in that he wanted answers to questions re the strengthening as a lot of lightweight builders must have done.

there were no answers forthcoming!

he was left in a place that all lightweight builders have found themselves having spent the cash and made the excuses to her indoors as to why are you spending all the house keeping, to find no help from the supplier of the kit when it all went wrong !

i am a supporter of gbs but i do think with the knowledge they have they could and should have tried to help , if only with tech help ,ie some pointers towards sva, as the largest volume producer in this industry

an acceptance of the problem would realy have been of help, not to leave the purchacers of your product out on a limb, or conveintiantly go bust.

the sentance that will grate on me is that (our one passed) end of conversation.

i realy hope that gbs suceed and progress and the hood makes them some real rewards,

but please dont forget the 100 or so kits (less the 4 we have) that are still to be finnished, these people will need spares and advice and they may still want to remain customers!

mike is about half way through a raw striker now his experiance with rhsc/gbs has tainted his perseption of the company,and i think you have lost mike as a customer supprised i think not.

it is not the responsibility of someone like myself to take a suposedly sva able product and redesign it to achive sva,the features added to the lightweight to achive sva by myself and others may in some respects be over the top,but the thought of building and stripping the car over and over again and adding bits here and there was something i and others could not face and bearing in mind to build the car correctly all structual pannals need to be bonded ,the damage when stripping the pannals to gain access to the structural additions then creates more problems .

i have met a very angry and disillsioned man today who spent £3000 on a kit only to build it and find it was not fit for purpose, and worse than that he was given no backup.

i would hope that 1` of the gbs team makes a comment.

yes i can be outspoken !

but i do support gbs!

but i believe that with so many unfinished kits and with so many potential future customers then gbs ought to do something,

the problem has not gone away there are still lots of builders out there with kits they cant complete

richard you are the face of gbs and you post on this board ,i think you could answer this and regain the credebility of your company.

regards graham

ps paul your chassis has been strengthened and will be on the road in a few months

Guest Tickton Paul

Well said Graham you echo my thoughts exactly, as you know I was in the same situation and had to make a decision with regard to the Lightweight. I was lucky and managed to exchange my kit for the 2B that I am now building.

I received the same comment every time I asked rhsc about the Lightweight but was never offered any advice with regard to modifications.

Good luck with the new build, can't wait to see what you are going to do with my old Lightweight at least it has not ended up on the scrap heap.

Paul

hi paul

far from the scrap heap!

its in etch primer with all the added bits on and is going to be painted pearlecent black ,pos not the best thing for a riveted alloy car as the pannals arnt as true as they might be but thats how it will be .

the bits i picked up today will replace the damaged bits from the donor car ie the scuttle the bonnett and the nose cone that in no way would ever fit a lightweight .

the car is going to have a silver top zetec 2.0 with at the moment standard injection and 4 branch .

ps i need a 2.0 zetec 4 branch

regards graham

Guest colinplatt

Hi Graham is there any chance of some info on zoomzoom's old Lightweight, i am going to get started this weekend, i have been looking at all the posts on lightweight,s and think i have my work cutout, many thanks Colin. 02392 551116

hi colin

the discs are done and should be posted wed the28th

if there are any areas that are unclear or you are unsure about please contact me and i will try to resolve any probs.

the engine bay bottom requires sorting and the diagonal braces in the engine bay not sure how the pictures will convey that info .

i have bonded 1/2"ply to the whole floor to give additional strength and make my dangly bits happier, that they are not 3mm from inpending pain.

the gearbox mount requires 2 pieces of 50mm box bonded and bolted through the tunnel and floor to give good fix to mount.

you will note a horseshoe of 3mm alloy along the inside of the tunnle this again to prevent damage to body if prop lets go!

there are also 5mm alloy plates under the seats and bolted through the chassis members.

if any lightweight builder has questions i would be pleased to answer them

and photos are availiable of both builds if required.

regards graham