Trevs Old Lightweight For Sale

Guest DRC7

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

knowing your strange sence of humor i guess you did chuckle.

please explain why this is funny????????????

is it because you sold yours before the s t hit the fan ?

is it because you didnt have the skill or comitment to finnish yours?

please explain!

your sniping at the lightweight has got be to say the least boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just noticed some one has bid on it !perhaps they think they can finnish it sva it and enjoy it.

not sell it to someone who dosent know the problem and bale out

Guest chris brown
knowing your strange sence of humor i guess you did chuckle.

please explain why this is funny????????????

is it because you sold yours before the s t hit the fan ?

is it because you didnt have the skill or comitment to finnish yours?

please explain!

your sniping at the lightweight has got be to say the least boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Graham

As usual my comments have been taken out of context i was referring to the fact that GBS have robbed that car of the good parts and are now desperate to sell it on

Ps Salty the car you are referring too i built the engine that's all i did on that project the manager at that time did the rest because i dealt with the everyday running of the garage

Ps Graham it may appear to you that i am snipping but rest assured i am not i too had a lightweight project as you are aware i bought it because i was too eager to buy one and that's all i could afford never really wanting it towards the end when i had the tub done which i had modified recognising the weakness this car had i had a bit of luck and was able to buy the kit i really wanted a mk indy i realised this dream so the lightweight tub and all the bits were sold on

PPs i think its really great that you have manage to get the lightweight kit of yours to a roadworthy condition and more so that it is classed as new car but if we don't criticise things now and then we would all own crap below standard products that will never do the job

DRC, I think you can take it that the whole board now knows your opinion and assesment of the lightweight. Message received loud and clear but it's getting a bit monotonous. I believe that all lightweight builders know they have to reinforce the chassis to pass SVA. All would have been grateful if more R&D had gone into the design and further we all wish that the financial troubles at RHS had not happened.

Most of us have come to terms with past events, had our tantrums or whatever and are now moving forward with a positive attitude to our builds, cars and GBS.

The Indy is an excellent kit and should give you loads of fun building and driving it. For your own peace of mind move on and concentrate on enjoying your present and future and let go of the past.

Nigel

drc7

i think by now you will be aware that i like my lightweight.

i sincerly hope you are enjoying the indy, it is a shame that you were unable to complete the lightweight

please come to the forum and talk about issues ,please try to be construtive we all love debate ,

i think i can understand your frustration and perhaps you need to vent that frustration .

we have together sorted out the issues relating to the lightweight sva problems and as nigel says we have moved on.

please move on with us .

best regards graham

i am sincere with my wishes of good will and hope you can put the whole thing behind you and move on ,

perhaps slightly scarred but in good health.

DRC, I think you can take it that the whole board now knows your opinion and assesment of the lightweight. Message received loud and clear but it's getting a bit monotonous. I believe that all lightweight builders know they have to reinforce the chassis to pass SVA. All would have been grateful if more R&D had gone into the design and further we all wish that the financial troubles at RHS had not happened.

Most of us have come to terms with past events, had our tantrums or whatever and are now moving forward with a positive attitude to our builds, cars and GBS.

The Indy is an excellent kit and should give you loads of fun building and driving it. For your own peace of mind move on and concentrate on enjoying your present and future and let go of the past.

Nigel

Guest salty_monk
Ps Salty the car you are referring too i built the engine that's all i did on that project the manager at that time

Oh well, I thought you was the guy that finished it off & submitted it for SVA after the old guy left..... we all make mistakes. The engine was a good-un although maybe some opportunities for tuning were missed along the way such as a head skim & a vernier pulley.

:)

hi well its not for sale now its in my shed !

the story is that my son in law (expectantant father )decided he fancied a lightweight ,like all other non believers in the concept of the lightweight he waited till the improvements were proven. and dad had done all his dough. conversation went something like ,done one you could do another then looked at me !

he bid on it at the last minute and at 12 noon yesterday we were trying to hire a van to pick up the new tub ,

rushed arround and got the van, loaded up the trailor on my van and had us a convoy up to gbs ,

richard looked a bit supprised to see us as he had no idea who had bought it ,showed us the car and gave us a new wishbone to replace a bent one on the car ,had a look at the hood and the hood deisel and returned home to asses the purchace .i missed seeing john and the pillock now with bones by about an hour .

i now look foreward to many hours rivveting and bonding ,stripping and rebuilding .

yes you guessed it, it will be down to me to sort it.

regards graham

Glutton for punishment or what! Still. at least you know what lies ahead.

Best of luck.

Barry

Glutton for punishment or what! Still. at least you know what lies ahead.

Best of luck.

Barry

hi peter

it may look like we are trying to corner the market in lightweight technology,

my view is that this car which has been the thorn in the side of all lightweight builders has finaly being put to rest.

it is no longer on show it will be scrapped and hopefully its legacy will be that we have overcome the issues and moved on .

this should give any lightweight builder a clear focus on the build.

i dont think we will be having a wake!!!!!!!!!

i will repeate the work on no 2 mk2 that was succesfull on no1 mk2.

this should give further confidence to any lightweight builders to continue with their builds and enjoy all their hard work.

it may be we have a smashing ceremony and each smash with the 14 lb hammer we charge for and donate to charity.

i am glad that dan has got the car and we can sort it , i want to go a bit radical with the styling but we will have to see how his budjet goes ,

the plan so far is 2.0 zetec on injection, type 9 thats the plan?

regards graham