Exhaust Exit Hole

Snapperpaul

After a complex series of events that started with the removal of the engine and box due to oil problems, i upgraded to the V6 box and had to shift every thing forwards 30mm.

I preety well cracked it all today apart from redrilling bolt holes but the one thing i did not do is recut the exhuast manifold exit hole in the side panel and i should have cut about 15mm out.

It may be easy enough to remove the manifold tomorrow however cutting the hole wider will not be the neatest of jobs, although i will try my best.

What have people used to edge the hole and if you have made up a plate of some sort how have you made it SVA proof.......

Photos would also be of help.

Guest salty_monk

Plenty of people with plates over the hole. I think as long as there are no sharp edges on the outside & it's close enough to the exhaust pipes on the inside he can't get in there with his little sphere....

Personally I would make it as 2 "C" plate for easy fitting & removal.

Dan :)

Hi Paul,

The hole for mine was not very neat and not in the right place.

I used a piece of Stainless Steel Plate to make it prettier and make it look like it was aligned properly.

There's pictures on my website.

Grizzly, looks like the sort of thing i will be doing, did you do it before SVA,

Hi Paul,

I've not been "SVA'd" yet. I'm (today) plucking up the courage to send off the SVA form tonight.

I'm anticipating a date towards the end of next month. eeeeeek!!!! :o :o :unknw: :unknw:

Guest peter2b2002

why don't you get a new exhaust made up, it will help the engine breath a lot better with those mods that you have done, the guy who did me a s/s 4-2-1 that went through the old side hole

pete2b

post-955-1175527461_thumb.jpg

Guest AWhite

I have a 3a. Its not to bad to cut with a jigsaw, just don't use a brand new blade as they are too harsh and makes the saw jump. Just tape it up with lots of masking tape.

You could always paint a bit of metal the same colour as your car so it contrasts. Just a thought.

I used that black edging stuff round the inside of the hole on mine. Not had to do a plate so can't comment on SVA.