Renault World Series Donington

Guest Bazwaz

that is extortionate shes having a laugh, sorry but for people going on there own thats not worth it,

I first used the site for the kitcar show before i ordered the kit, there was me and Chris, Andy windows with Vicky and there daughter in our caravan with awning and electric hookup, this cost £4,50 per night for all of us, it was a camping and caravan club certified location with rally field behind,which at the time it was booked year in year out by the reliant owners club,(funny lot, perculier not haha) they have been pushed out the first year we went by the cost.(which is where they put the campers now), it was run by the nursery (thats in garden not kids) next door and looked after by a retired couple living on site in there camper,

we spoke to the couple when we first looked at booking for the RWeekend and they warned us that it had changed hands and fees had more than doubled, to £10 to which they said was too much, but £20 come on.

okay they have built a new room and stuck a pool table in,(which i assume will be a £1 a go) showers are still a quid so what exactly are you getting for £20

a pitch in a green field no bar,no shop, no free showers and a pratt who keeps you awake by arguing with the punters.

is there anyone who is in the caravan and camping club who has a site book, maybe theres another within a few miles which you could use instead.

sorry rant over but i didnt relise the fees had changed so much.

Mitch

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bazwaz

I agree with you Mitch. It's a rip off. Personally i'd be happy to camp outside the circiut and manage without the facilities, but i know some people would prefer some basic amenities. If anyone else has any ideas or opinions let me know the sooner the better. She also said that those 20 pitches would just about fill her up and as the site holds up to a 100 tents it's not a bad income for the weekend. Looking at from another point of view the racing's free so 2 nights camping and 2 days racing, £40 sounds reasonable.You could also share your tent with 3 other Hoodies then it would only cost a fiver each :D

Barry.

Guest Bazwaz

I've just phoned another site which is 5 mins walk from the circuit. They've only a few pitches left. The woman ispoke to was unsure how many and i've to ring back during office hours on Mon.

Fees: " 2man tent £10 + £2 per person per night

4 man tent £12 + £2 per person per night

As it's a big event there is a security fee of £2 per night

If you want to leave your car there on sunday while you watch the race £5

There was something else as well but i've forgotten what she said.

Barry

Guest Bazwaz

So far i have have 7 requests for pitches.

Me

Paul m 2

Chris Brown

E hunt

Big Lee

Andy windows.

These requests were made before i found out how much the site was. If you are prepared to still pay the rip off fees can you let me know asap so i can confirm with the site. As nobody has come up with an alternative i don't see what else i can do.

If any one else wants a pitch let me know.

Barry

Guest Bazwaz

This is the final count for pitches.

Me

BigLee

E. Hunt

Paul M. 2

Chris

Battery Bill and Joey

Andy Windows

Kevin and Gale

Red 7

I ringing tonight to confirm. If anyone else wants to go they will have to book direct.

Barry

Guest Paul Morgan

Hi Barry,

Only need one pitch now, going to share a tent with my mate so we have an extra 40 beer tokens to spend.:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Paul

• 1 month later...
Guest captn Pugwash

Have you all booked your camp site and paid deposit, I am staying at donington circuit in our caravan as we have press passes, If you have not booked I can ring donington circuit and see if you can stay with us inside the grounds, let me know urgently, we go friday morning, need to ring by wednesday

Captn Pugwash

Edited by captn Pugwash